Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cute closing the distance story (not mine) cake picture included

Hey everyone

I make cakes for a living. Cakes, cupcakes, cookies, candy, etc.
    Well, one of my closest friends' roommates has a boyfriend in Spain (we live in California).
    She's moving to Spain this weekend to be with him.
    They met when she was a foreign exchange student in highschool.
    My friend told me that a common term of endearment for your love is a "half orange".
    So my friend requested that I make a whole orange, and then an orange cut in half shaped cake for her roommates going away party.

I thought that was really cute
    The party was tonight and I wanted to show you guys the cake!
    (feel free to "like" my cake page if you want)

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater

That is super cute!

Do you have any idea why they call them a 'half orange'? I've never heard of that before XD

Comment

I have no idea, and I've never heard it before my friend told me, either lol. Maybe it's something like my "other half". I don't know

Comment

I know in France being called a rabbit is a term of endearment so I suppose it's a cultural thing. That's really a cute cake, though.

Comment

A rabbit isn't really that weird, it's basically the same as a bunny and bunny doesn't seem all that weird in English either (does it?)
          In French calling someone "biche", which translates to female deer, is a pet name. It makes me glad me boyfriend isn't French. I don't think I'd like to be called that.
          (But then in Polish it's very common to refer to someone as teddy bear...)
          There's even a Spanish dating site called medianaranja

Anyway, that's a really cute idea and I like how the cake turned out.

Być tam, zawsze tam, gdzie Ty.

Comment

Cute cake! Looks delicious!

Comment

That is an adorable cake!

Comment

Just asked my latin SO about "medianaranja" (half-orange). He says it's like saying "she's my girlfriend" "ella es mi medianaranja". But more than that. More like "she's my soul mate."

Love the cake!!

Comment

Your good! I like the cake it looks yummy.

Comment

Media Naranja = Soul mate.

"Tu eres mi media naranja" = you're my soul mate. :P

and btw that cake looks good :P

Comment

I liked your page! i am wanting some advice on how to make a special format of cake. could i ask you for your help if it wouldnt be too much or you point me in the right dirrction? would be a cake on the format of a quad roller skate, and i dont know anyone around me that makes nice cakes like that. :/
                      our story.

sigpic

02.02.2012 - When we got married and closed the distance once and for all

"If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you'll find an excuse."

Comment

Great cake! Being Spanish, I understand the orange half comment - that is just so sweet!

LFAD Book Challenge: 34/100 Complete

Comment

Thank you guys so much! I'm glad you think it's cute! & I'm glad some of you know what the term means! On the letters he sends her, he doodles half an orange. & sure Engel I can help you! Send me more info in a private message

Comment

Working...
                          X