LDR Breakup help...please help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LDR Breakup help...please help

Hi guys. I am new here. My name is Jonathan and I am 18 and in college.
    This is a lot too read, sorry
    Anyways, me and me ex have been broken up for about 3 and half months. We dated for 11 months before that and were in love. We talked about marriage, promised to be together forever...all that. So yeah, we go to different colleges and live an hour apart. We saw each other like every 2 months maybe. We talked on the phone and skype every day when we dated. After the breakup I stopped talking to her for about 2 and a half months up until about 2 weeks ago. It was an ok conversation, we talked about what we had been up to and it wasn't bad. She broke up with me because she said she didn't feel the same way anymore and she was always busy with schoolwork, which i know she was. She isn't with anybody and I don't think she wants to be. I guess she wants to focus on her work. I still love her and want her back. I have met new people and girls but nothing is the same. I miss her so much. I KNOW i need to get over her and all and I can eventually.
    Basically what I am asking is if there is any chance of being with her in the near future? And also do you think she could still have feelings for me?
    Honest answers are fine with me

The only person who could answer this is her, we don't know her or her situation at all so you just need to get some clarification straight from the horses mouth so to speak. If she says she has no feelings for you then it is best to move on but if her being really busy was the main reason you broke up, you could always look to the future once she is less overwhelmed and maybe she would be open to a relationship then. All you can do is talk to her about it.

Comment

Communication really is key, just ask her these things and have a conversation about it.

Comment

I think you should have a serious conversation with her, ask her all this. If she says no, then for your own good sake let it go, break ups are hard, but eventually you will start to heal and then you will find a girl that loves you with all her heart!

Comment

In your story you cited two reason why she broke up with you. I would say talk to her and clarify how she feels and why exactly she broke up with you. If it is because she no longer 'feels the same way about you' then any romantic relationship you could have with her would be fake. If it is purely because of school work then she may feel differently about the situation at a later date. But no matter which it is try and move on. I would suggest no waiting even if it was purely for schoolwork. If you are meant to be together something will bring her back to you.

Comment

im sorry to say this, but i think you need to talk to her and clarify too. things can get hard when you are in school, and there are so many other people around that it can get confusing. i say talk to her and see what she is thinking.

Comment

I would say that right now you need to move on. I can imagine your disappointment when she said that she doesn't feel the same way anymore. And in that case, she isn't worth it. True love should never end, otherwise it wasn't true love in the first place! Maybe she just had you for the sake of having an SO. Seems like she's just not 'into' you anymore. You may have one more conversation with her though, and clarify how exactly she feels and whether she still feels the same way about a future together with you.

Also she's busy with schoolwork, which is very important for her career. It would be best not to divert her attention from her schoolwork right now. It's a crucial time for both of you in terms of academic studies and all. Maybe later on will come a better time to pursue these types of relationships.

Her love for you might be reborn again at a later date, if she realises what she's lost and that you love her truly. Also, her academic burdens would also have become lighter by then. But in any case, you need to move on for now. Trust me, you'll make it. The breakup's still fresh in your mind because it took place fairly recently, but you will move on pretty soon and be strong again. And because you love her so deeply, right now it would feel like she's the only girl for you ever, but you're wrong! You could meet tons of other, much nicer girls who are more worthy of you. And then if she ever returns to you in future, then judge the situation and determine whether she's the one for you or not
              Last edited by wondergirl; March 29, 2010, 12:06 AM.

Comment

I have to agree with wondergurl. Do you really want to be with someone who doesn't love you? I agree that you need to talk to her, and tell her how you feel and don't be afraid to say something. If you feel something say it, and let her know. Maybe it will change her mind about everything if she knows everything that you feel. Good luck to you, whatever happens, happens for a reason.

Comment

Working...
                X