Tips for Online Classes????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tips for Online Classes????

Starting tomorrow, Spring Quarter starts at my college. I had to sign up for web classes. Im taking Humanities 111, Math 102, and Speech 105.

I was wondering if any one has any helpful advice for this quarter?

I am going to be doing my school work in my room. Starting at 12pm and ending at 5pm.

Last quarter my gpa was a 1.5, and I'm on academic warning...so I really need to get my grades up.

I think that for online classes the important thing is to control yourself and your time.
    It is easy to leave everything for the last moment and not spend enough time doing your work when you don't actually have to be in class. Make sure you stay on top of your reading assignments. I always liked to assign myself certain time slot for each online class and then I would make sure I stick with it and do work in that period.
    It takes lots of will and self control, but you have to be persistent. I always liked online classes because I had lots of free time when I didn't have to travel to campus. But sometimes it's really difficult to control yourself and stay in and study instead of doing some other fun things.

Comment

Thnx. Im starting at noon, and then around 230pm I will go downstairs and eat lunch and have a half hour break, then from 3-5 Ill do homework...idk...

Comment

That sounds like a good plan. I have been taking online classes for awhile now, my 4th semester will start next week. It takes a lot of self control. But if you can set asise a time like you have, it will work alot easier. Good luck!

Comment

It sounds like a pretty good plan to me.

Good luck!

Comment

I would get really distracted when I was taking my online classes. I think a good idea is to create a guest account on your computer, one that doesn't have distractions like instant messengers or any other programs that may distract you, and use that for when you are listening to your lectures online.

If you have a room mate wear headphones when you are doing lectures/going through powerpoint slides online for your classes. They will be less likely to interrupt you in the middle of your work. Room mates can be huge distractions!
            Read my LDR story!
            Facebook
            Instagram

Comment

I take online classes frequently. =]

Set guidelines for yourself. I don't know if your online class will have dates things are due, but if they don't, make due dates for yourself and hold yourself to them. If your friends are complaining about the big test they have in a few days, treat your online class like a real class and tell them you have a test in X class also. Don't fall into the "oh, it's just an online class" mindset. I'm in high school, and my grade drops easier in my online class than in any other class. You have to keep yourself on track. Don't just take days off because you're feeling lazy. If it was a "real" class, you wouldn't just decide to randomly not show up, right? The most important thing is to get yourself treating it like a real class.

Like Michelle said, maybe don't have anything up when you do your work. If you're a person who can listen to music and such while doing homework, then go for it, but again, don't just be surfing the Net and casually homeworking at the same time. XD

Comment

Working...
              X