Well.. Daddy's afraid for me.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well.. Daddy's afraid for me.

Well, my dad has been increasingly more afraid for me with each passing day my guy is supposed to come. His plane arrives tomorrow at 6:30om at some point, and I'm not sure how this is going to go...

My dad has been quiet all day, I think simply out of fear. They're afraid he could be some sex trafficer, or some type of psycho murderer... and they're right. You don't always know someone, or who they claim to be. Yet, that's true of anyone you meet in real life or online.

And I hope I didn't insult my SO with our last conversation. I told him, "Just incase you do happen to be some murderer ooor just not who you claim you are - someone will be aware of where I am at all times. Every hour, on the hour." Perhaps I'm being a bit paranoid due to my parents, buuut you really never know. Putting all that aside - I'm so excited!

Was anyone else ever nervous about that first meeting ... with their SO not being who they claim to be?

I don't think there is anything wrong with being cautious the first time you meet. You never really know who you are meeting and if your boyfriend is who he says he is then he shouldn't take offense to your comment. Where are you meeting him? Maybe it would put your mind at ease to go meet him with your Dad. Then he can say hello get a feel for him and then you and he don't have to worry.

Comment

I agree that there is nothing wrong with being cautious, and of course nervous, about your first meeting.. with these kind of situations there is always the risk.. I wasn't really too concerned when I first met her, but eh, I've delt with much scarier things in my life.

but to be perfectly honest, you probably did insult him with what you said to him.. I would of highly been offended if my lady had said that to me (and I wasn't hiding anything).. But, he cares about you, so ultimately he'll get over it if he was

Good luck on your first meeting. Mine was a blast and I can't wait to see her again.

Comment

I'll be picking him up at the airport, and driving him to his hotel. My parents are due to meet him Tuesday night, and depending I'll possibly either stay with him at the hotel or staying at my friends apartment who lives close by.

Comment

nothing wrong with being over cautious i mean, they tell you even if you know the person really well always meet them with people around never go alone anywhere until your sure!

Comment

I know this, my mom and sister and everyone are always making comments, like what if he's a murder or he's not who he says he is. My sis was telling me they watched this show about how this guy from the U.K comitted a murder when he was 9 or something, and shes all how old is he again? like yeah really that was him. there always making jokes and such, and telling me i can't be sure of him until i meet him in person.
            And i understand i have to take pre-cautions. So i think as long as your first meet you meet in a public place then its good, you get vibes and can tell when someone is genuine. For me my mom will be there with me and maybe my sister and brother. So if your worried you could always ask someone to come with you. but no for me i have no doubts that my SO isn't who he says he is, but ive been with him for awhile maybe thats why, either way im not worried about this. My only worries are my family and him not getting along, and not living up to his expectations when he see's me in person.
            I love you Nathan <3
            sigpic
            5/25/09 <3

Comment

my parents freaked out like that but... honestly, don't worry too much about it. It's pretty ridiculous since... you know most times people aren't murderous psychopathic rapists. One of my "friends" kept texting me throughout the entirety of the first visit I had with Alex saying, "Has he raped you yet?" don't worry about it. trust me. if things about his life add up... he's probably not pretending to be someone he's not. if you don't have previous warning signs don't worry. Your familly knows where you'll be so don't freak out, please.

Comment

I think it is perfectly natural for your dad to be worried! Don't sweat it. Call your Dad as soon as you pick your guy up from the airport, and that should make him a little calmer.
                And I do agree, your bf may have been a little offended at what you said, but hopefully he played it off as humor?

Have a great time together. You will always remember your first time meeting each other!

Comment

It's no different than meeting someone ANYWHERE - people should ALWAYS be cautious with new meets and new dates, because they might not be who they claim they are either. I don't think there's any shame in being cautious, and I certainly was when we met. I was nervous we wouldn't work out, and at $3k to come out to Australia and see the sights, and then have my heart broken, would have sucked, but I would have made myself enjoy the trip, yanno? In the end, life is risk. All we can do is try to mitigate the bad.

LFAD Book Challenge: 34/100 Complete

Comment

It's normal for parents to worry about their children. When I was gonna first meet my SO, my mom kept on becoming worried if my SO was some kidnapper or something. I told my SO this and he just laughed and called up my mom to assure her. We've had 4 meetings since then.

You should be fine. A guy wouldn't go half way across the country and spend so much time and effort to see you if he wasn't serious

Comment

It's natural for dads to worry about their baby girls. I let my dad skype with my boyfriend before we met, and emailed him the second I got wireless connection on my phone with a picture of my boyfriend and me just to let him know I was fine. One of my close friends was extremely nervous that I didn't have a back up plan in case he decided not to show up or I ended up stranded somewhere. I wasn't as worried as they were, having skyped with him every day for a year, but it's good to take precautions, such as leaving an address, or hotel and room number in your case.

Comment

He wont take offence at all to what you said, he will find it funny if hes genuine. When people take offence to stuff, its usually coz they know there's an eliment of truth in it. :P

My girlfriend told me she was worried bout staying with me the first time we met, and that i could kill her etc. I told her i was worried when i first met her that she would turn up at the airport with guys in suits ready to kidnap and ask my family for a huge ransom.

good luck meeting.

---------- Post added at 11:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:05 AM ----------

He wont take offence at all to what you said, he will find it funny if hes genuine. When people take offence to stuff, its usually coz they know there's an eliment of truth in it. :P

My girlfriend told me she was worried bout staying with me the first time we met, and that i could kill her etc. I told her i was worried when i first met her that she would turn up at the airport with guys in suits ready to kidnap and ask my family for a huge ransom.

good luck meeting.

Comment

It's comforting to at least know I'm not alone in the 'whatifheisapsycho'. And he did play it off and laughed, and he's currently on a plane here. A friend of mine is going to go with me, so that is easing some of their fears right now and helps put me at ease as well. Now, I'm just nervous and excited.

Comment

I was in my aunts house when i met my so for the first time. so she was feeling responsible for me, and worried like you wouldnt believe. but she and my uncle met my so with me. and he was amazing about it. and all was ok. XD
                            our story.

sigpic

02.02.2012 - When we got married and closed the distance once and for all

"If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you'll find an excuse."

Comment

yeah, before i forget, my aunt and uncle were worried he could be a pshyco! after all we had met IN THE INTERNET! lol
                              now, almost 3 years after, i think they kind of forgot i met him online. because they really really like him.
                              our story.

sigpic

02.02.2012 - When we got married and closed the distance once and for all

"If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you'll find an excuse."

Comment

Working...
                              X