Finding This So Hard :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finding This So Hard :(

I have been with my SO just a little over 2 months but have known him nearly a year now.
    I feel so strongly about him and we have met twice in the 2 months so far and I'm seeing him for a week in June (2 weeks )

I have done long distance before but this guy only lived about 2 and a bit hours from me but I was at college then etc so it was hard to see him. We ended up being together for 6 years however. My SO now is only say 300miles away (say about 6 hours or so) so it's still not mega bad.

I am finding this time round so so hard, I am really missing my SO and just wish I could see him as much as others see their SO's (when they live near each other) it's hard enough just now when I'm the only one working but when he gets a job?

What can I do? does this mean that the relationship just won't last?

What do you guys do when you miss each other?
    Everytime I See You, I Get Lost In Your Eyes. When You Hold Me I Get Butterflies. When We're Apart All I Think Of Is You.. <3

If you do a search through the threads, you'll see dozens of them on this subject, full of really good advice.

We all feel like this from time to time, and the relationship will last just fine once you figure out the best way to deal with it, that works for you. Do that search, you'll find a few hours worth of reading, with all kinds of ideas on how to cope.
    Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

I agree 100% with Moon. It's normal to feel this way, and to question if this is going to work. Honestly, I think it makes things better in the long run, because you almost HAVE to sit down and think it through when you are doing it at a distance. Then you become two folks who have DECIDED to be together, not just a couple who ended up together.

I've been doing this 18 years now and sometimes I still wonder how this will all turn out in the end.
      17 years LDR out of 18 years of marriage. Oh, yeah, plus a year of LDR courtship.

Comment

Working...
      X