We ended things. :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We ended things. :(

It's been a really long and hard 9 months for us. We fight a lot, mainly because of the distance and our age. In my opinion, I don't think she's ready for a committed relationship. We've had a lot of good times together, but the bad seems to happen more than the good. She broke up with me today. I'm with people until late tonight, but when I go to sleep knowing I'm alone, I know it'll hit me.

Coping strategies?

Aww no *huge huge hugs* I'm sorry to hear that.
    As much as it's hard to see now but it will get easier as the days go on. Just try and keep yourself as busy as possible with hobbies and such like just try keeping your mind off it as much as possible I know it's not easy to do but if you keep yourself busy it won't be on your mind constantly
    Everytime I See You, I Get Lost In Your Eyes. When You Hold Me I Get Butterflies. When We're Apart All I Think Of Is You.. <3

Comment

Awww..I'm so sorry. I would suggest keeping yourself busy too, so your mind is not constantly on it. *hugs*
      ♥Started talking online around: 10.31.09
      Started getting serious on: 2.14.10
      Met in person for the first time: 10.11.10
      Closed the distance on 7.29.11 ♥

Comment

Aww, I am sorry. Definitely keep yourself busy and surrounded by those you care about...they can support you through this. Again..I am sorry..We are all here to listen...
        NY to Texas Married on...August 17th, 2013

Comment

The one we love the most is the one who cant hurt us the most...The pain that you feel right now is normal but it will be heal in no time... Surround yourself with the people who truly cares, your loved ones. We're just here for you, LFAD friends Sending hugs
          "Love wins everything especially fear."

Comment

Thanks everyone for your support. <3 It means a lot. I'm having a really hard time with it, not that she knows or will know. Everyone says it's for the best, but I just don't see it right now. The first week is the hardest, right?

Comment

I'm sorry to hear that.

Let yourself have some time to cry and grieve - you will go through the stages of grief, and it's normal. Give yourself the chance to spend lots of time with people who are positive and affect your life in good ways. Let yourself handle the hurt and everything in a way that works best for you, whether it be journaling, working out, or so on.

LFAD Book Challenge: 34/100 Complete

Comment

Originally posted by screammaayday View Post
                Thanks everyone for your support. <3 It means a lot. I'm having a really hard time with it, not that she knows or will know. Everyone says it's for the best, but I just don't see it right now. The first week is the hardest, right?
                You're absolutely right. When my ex-husband and I separated, I knew it was for the best (my quality of life improved immediately, in fact), but it didn't stop it from hurting incredibly. One thing I realized though was that many of the things I missed weren't about him specifically but rather things I missed that could be fulfilled in any healthy relationship. This is a great time to reflect on both the good and the bad, and spend time with not only those who love you, but spend some time nurturing yourself. No matter what happens, doing that will in the end give you what you need to survive AND thrive.

LFAD Book Challenge: 34/100 Complete

Comment

I'm going to try very hard to just be surrounded by people. I haven't spoke to my ex-SO since she ended it. And I don't know if I'd be able to handle talking to her anyway. I made it through the first night. I think that means I can make it through the rest.

Comment

Originally posted by screammaayday View Post
                    It's been a really long and hard 9 months for us. We fight a lot, mainly because of the distance and our age. In my opinion, I don't think she's ready for a committed relationship. We've had a lot of good times together, but the bad seems to happen more than the good. She broke up with me today. I'm with people until late tonight, but when I go to sleep knowing I'm alone, I know it'll hit me.

Coping strategies?
                    I'm so sorry for you. how old are you both, if you dont mind me asking?

coping? keep yourself busy. whatever you wanted to do but never started to, do it. be it a sport, learn another language, dancing lessons, cooking lessons. whatever you know you will feel passionate about! read, study, build yourself. a brazilian poet once said that the secret is not to run after the butterflies, but to take care of your garden, so they (the butterflies) will come to you.
                    concentrate on yourself. do what you think you should do to improve and become a better version of who you are now. and we can always improve, always get better, so is a never ending work in progress.

I hope you are ok. all the best. *hugs*
                    our story.

sigpic

02.02.2012 - When we got married and closed the distance once and for all

"If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you'll find an excuse."

Comment

I'm so sorry to hear it didn't work out for the two of you.

Everyone's given you good advice, I guess the only thing I have to add is don't be afraid to take a day to mourn the end of your relationship. Cry, eat junk food, watch cheesy movies, whatever you do when you're feeling down. For me at least it feels good to let it out. Then work on moving on.

"You know it's love when you want to keep holding hands even after you're sweaty."
                      -- Anonymous

Comment

Thanks everyone for giving your advice and suggestions. <3 At the moment, we've spoken. She wants to get back together, but I told her I can't right now until she makes some changes and I do as well, and she doesn't have a phone so communication would be scarce, which would be a bad way to start things. We're waiting it out and just seeing what happens.

Comment

I am so so sorry that that happened.

I don't have anything to add, but the first week is definitely the hardest. Take some time out to take care of yourself, however you define that. Just keep busy.
                          "I'll hold you in my heart till I can hold you in my arms again."

"It's supposed to be hard! If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard...is what makes it great! -A League of Their Own

Met: August 22, 2010
                          Made it official: September 17, 2010
                          Got engaged: January 15, 2012
                          Our First Visit: November 18, 2010-November 28, 2010
                          Our Seventh (and Last) Visit: November 10, 2012-November 24, 2012
                          Got married: November 21, 2012
                          Big Wedding Date: May 25, 2013
                          Closed the Distance: June 2, 2013

Comment

Working...
                          X