This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Im hoping for some feedback

My mind is so cluttered right now that this may not make much sense when reading, but I desperately need some advice.

I have been talking to this girl I met on a application on our phones that lets you talk to random people who have the app. We started talking December 5th (is it lame for a guy to remember that?). We live approximately 400 miles apart, which compared to other members isn't so bad.

At the beginning, it was great because we just talked to one another, telling one another about ourselves and what we were like. Things were great. In February, we both got enough courage to meet up for the very first time. I had driven down to her small town and went to hang out with her. I wish I could say our time together was magical, but instead, it was awkward because she brought a friend with her, and then bailed on me on the Saturday because she had to work.

Things got back to normal though and eventually, we both told one another how we felt about each other. She told me that I'm the highlight of her day, and she enjoys talking to me.

However, this is where my problem lies. While we both know how the other feels, and have even discussed the possibility of relocating someday, albeit I think she didn't take it so serious, we are still only friends. As I write this, we have known each other for 6 months, and even though I know she likes me and wants to date me, she REFUSES to until we get to hang out again. I did agree to this because I assumed that we would have hung out by now, seeing as how we are both out of school (silly me I presume). Every time the topic of hanging out comes up, she says she will hopefully get some time off, but then doesn't talk about it anymore. I'm starting to get mixed feelings from her, and have been thinking our relationship over and seeing if I should continue. I do feel as if I love her, albeit neither of us have said that, but it just seems to be a one sided relationship anymore, and ironically, its the girl in the relationship who isn't trying their best (sorry ladies, but I had to defend us decent guys lol).

I'm hoping for some feedback from people who are also in this situation, and if anybody offers up some advice, I shall frequently check and respond if you have any questions.

Long distance is hard anyway but when BOTH sides do not try it will fall apart and if thats how your first meeting turned out, it probably wont get any better in the future I'm very sorry... I think she may be just into the relationship for someone to talk to maybe but idk. And if you think you love her you should try to talk to her about the entire situation and see where yall stand.... and if you think her feelings are changing maybe try to dwindle the amount of time you talk to her... But i feel by what your post said that she more then likely is just wanting a friendship or is just simply is not wanting a LDR

Comment

I think you are right. I've thought about dwindling down the amount I talk to her, but the problem with me doing that is that we hardly ever talk anymore. We usually talk daily, but sometimes she goes days without talking, and if I were to stop talking to her, I would never get to talk to her. I'm not sure about the relationship aspect though, because we have both said we would be happy in that situation, but will only start dating me after we met up again. So essentially, I've been her pen pal for 3 months. I may be misquoting here but, I truly am stuck between a rock and a hard place.

Comment

as it has already been said, long distance relationships are hard, and as they say in italy, "it takes two to tango", you both have to make an effort. and as it has been said already, she probably just wants something platonic..

Distance doesn't matter when two hearts are loyal to each other.

Comment

Working...
        X