X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Panicking about Parents

I'm going to tell my parents next week about my SO Q^Q

I'm so scared!!!

My brother keeps telling me it's all going to be ok and my parents won't hate me and if they will be angry they will only be for a day. (This is only my dad not my mom X3)

But I'm still so scared!!!

I'm freaking out, I can't sleep, BLEEEH.

Know how you feel I went through all this the other week now my parents know (still hate it but know!) although don't do what I did and get someone else to tell them cos it's worse my sister told mum for me and well she wasn't impressed with me not telling her myself

Just let them know that your happy and as much info on him as possible, they will get used to it you never know they may be okay about it!
    Everytime I See You, I Get Lost In Your Eyes. When You Hold Me I Get Butterflies. When We're Apart All I Think Of Is You.. <3

Comment

When I went to tell my parents of my new relationship soon after returning home, I was focusing so much on the pain of separation that I simply forgot to be scared!!! And, usually, I still am scared shitless when I need to tell my parents things that are important to me or where I royally screwed up. Even when I am already an adult and leading my own live and wouldn't need their permission/approval/support. Anyway, I thought my mum would flip out, but she was totally cool with it! She even was happy for me and is very much looking forward to meeting my boyfriend next year!

Long story short: It's ok to tell them, because their reaction might even surprise you! Don't focus so much on the negative things and have faith.... Good luck!

Comment

Of course you're freaking out. Calm down. If it's really weighing on you, tell them NOW! Is there a reason you're waiting?

Everything will be fine. Don't worry about things you don't have control over. *woosa*

Comment

Originally posted by lucybelle View Post
          Of course you're freaking out. Calm down. If it's really weighing on you, tell them NOW! Is there a reason you're waiting?
          There is a reason, because it seems like the right time to tell them. My IGCSE's end today, and I have a week before work experience starts. So I have a week to calm down and relax with my friends and distract myself and plan... somehow. And then I tell them over the weekend, and then I start a small intern ship at an architectural firm so I'll be out of the house most of the day and I don't have to face my mom too much (She's the one who I feel I will have the most trouble with, my dad is more trusting.)

Nonetheless it's still weighing down on me a lot, but I still had planned this for months and I do think it's the right time?....

Comment

Working...
          X