Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How well do it you take it when your So in extreme pain and you can do nothing (long)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How well do it you take it when your So in extreme pain and you can do nothing (long)

It started about four days ago, I was diagnosed with Pleurisy in my right lung and the doctors told me it's going to be extremely painful. (I didn't believe it would be that bad...) and they can't do anything for me because they don't know the exact cause of it yet. And it hurts a lot to type this, moving in any way hurts.

Day one- I got a sharp pain in my right ribcage, near the bottom, and a dull achy pain behind my right shoulder blade. It was bad, but tolerable. It hurt a little bit to breathe. It lasted all day.

Day two- The pain became much worse, it had woken me up after I had taken two pain killers and two lunesta. (And Lunesta ALWAYS knocks me out). I had only slept a few hours and when I woke up around 4AM the pain was excruciating. So I went to the ER, and had an X-Ray, EKG, and my blood drawn.

They said my lung (or the lining of my lung) was swelling so much that it's kind pushing it's way through the openings in my rib cage. And since they don't know the exact cause they don't want to do any treatment yet. If they knew what was wrong they could drain my lung and whatnot.

Day three- I woke up feeling somewhat okay. The pain was bad but tolerable. I had been taking about 800mg of ibuprofen a day and resting a lot which was the only advice I was given at the ER. I haven't really slept in days because the pain so I decided to lay down; bad idea; the pain got a lot worse.

I did my best to ignore it and go about my day. At night, I saw Marla on webcam and then suddenly, a few mintutes into our Skype session, the pain became unbearable. I couldn't breathe much, my muscles were convulsing and throbbing. (I usually don't hide my pain from Marla but this was so bad, I didn't want her to see me scream and cry, and I only have yelled out in pain one other time and that's when I was stabbed) But I couldn't hold it back, I had started crying and yelling out in pain. That lasted about an hour, she started crying because she couldn't help me, which made me feel worse because I had made her cry.

I hate medications but it was so bad I couldn't hold out anymore, I asked my mother for some of her vicodin, she gave me one along with a muscle relaxer and an anti-anxiety pill. I took them hoping that it would stop the pain, but it didn't. It just kept getting worse. I was about 1.5 hours into that screaming and crying fest of pain and then my mom walked into my room with a personal heating pad. I started using that and it made the pain tolerable enough that I could stop crying out. I passed out shortly later, I had become exhausted.

Day four- That's today, 6/10/2011. I woke up in horrible pain but I tried to get up anyway because I'm trying to help Marla with her work. Each step I took got worse, I have almost no balance and after literally taking maybe 10 steps, I got sick to my stomach. Thankfully the bathroom was right next to me. And about 20 minutes later, here I am. I feel like... poo. And that's the best way to put it.

Sorry for this being really long, but I'm corious, when you see your SO over webcam (Or in person) crying and/or yelling out in extreme pain, how do you react? Or any amount of pain for the matter; emotional or physical, how do you react?
Working...
X