Advice on relationship trouble ):

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Advice on relationship trouble ):

Me and my SO have been together for roughly a year and a half now, but suddenly everything has changed. She has been more interested in talking to her guy friends, and I feel like i've been thrown away like an old game system thats gotten boring. The only times she really talks to me is when she has trouble with those guy friends and becomes insecure. Other than that, I barely ever hear from her. I know a lot of the times I'm jus really insecure, but this has never happened before. One guy gives her attention in-person, so I know that that's an improvement from me and my distance. And the other seems to be really fun, when I've been either missing her so much and down, or want to talk sweet or watch a movie instead of playing around. I jus love her so much and don't ever want to lose her. Is there any advice that I can be given to help me and her out?

I think the only advice I can give you is to talk about your feelings with her, she might not even know what she is doing is making you feel insecure, and if she isn't willing to listen or make an effort to try and talk to you more than I think you should consider taking a break for awhile, she might not realize that she misses you because she knows that you're always there for her but if you distance yourself she may figure out what she wants, this also gives you time to really think hard about what you want from a relationship and whether or not she is capable of giving you what you deserve.

Notes:
    Met: 8.17.09
    Started Dating: 8.20.09
    First Met: 10.2.10
    Closed the Distance: 8.9.14

Comment

I agree with sora on talking about your feelings. Communication is super important in a LDR. Since your not together, you can't see how the other person is feeling all the time. And can assume things. I know sometimes when im upset i wish he was here to comfort me and he has no idea im feeling down because he's not here, and visa-versa. You have to tell her how your feeling and whats going on in your head. Really talk it out and find a solution to the problem.
      I love you Nathan <3
      sigpic
      5/25/09 <3

Comment

And I agree with the communication. Please keep us update and all the best to you!
        *It doesn't matter where you are but who you are with*

Comment

Yeah I have tried to tell her quite a few times about how it makes me feel, but it jus seems to upset her and push her away, like it is keeping her from talking to others. I want her to be able to talk and make friends, but I don't want to give away all of our quality time together. She's mentioned a break at times we have trouble too, but I'm afraid of that. If we take a break, she wants it to be like normal, except we'd jus give each other space. I'm afraid that nothing would ever be the same after that said break. Instead of doing that, I have been giving her some space and keeping my distance to see if that would get her to want to talk to me more, but so far I get nothing. If she stops texting or IM'ing on msn, I wait until she replies to what I said last, but that takes a LONGGGGG time. I don't know, I guess my insecurity gets in the way of my thinking at times. But I will be sure to let everyone know how everything goes, be it progressively getting better, or worse.

Comment

Working...
          X