Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bye Bye USA, back in Europe, but still TOGETHER

Hi LFAD members!
    Do you remember of me? I know I haven’t written anything in the last two months, but now I’m at home, in Europe, and my long distance story is still going on. Always better! I Finished my exams in May and I left New York last week. My SO ended his exams before, so he spent 2 weeks with me in NY! We had a lot of fun and enjoyed the States together for the last time (for this year, at least).
    Now he’s in Germany, and I’m in Italy. We have planned our summer and we are going to spend almost two months together. I can’t believe it! I will be in Berlin from the beginning of July, and I am so EXCITED and NERVOUS! I don’t speak German and it has never been a problem for us, as we speak English. But when I will be there I would like to be able to say something in German! I hope to learn something! I am so curious about the culture! I can’t wait till July 8th!!! Then we will fly to my country, and he will meet my family in August! Ahhhhhhhhhhh, this summer is going to be amazing: our first summer together! I’m so excited for that I just wanted to share this with you and wish you a lot of happiness! Have a great summer!

I'm from Germany and my SO spent almost 2 months here! She doesn't speak German, only random words or even sentences. She didn't have any problems. She even went grocery shopping, bought a Bratwurst and two Cokes at Burger King. In German! Of course it would have been a different story if those people who served her had asked any specific questions, but that didn't happen. And those people who did talk to her randomly on the street quickly changed from German to English once they noticed that she didn't speak German.

Comment

Hey, i suppose you're italian, i'm from italy too! My SO is american and i'll also spend two months with him this summer Have a lovely time in Germany!

Distance doesn't matter when two hearts are loyal to each other.

Comment

Hahah my SO challenge me to buy banana in a grocery shop. I dont speak Germany and English not my mother language... so i did.. haha they speak in Germany but i speak in English, but seemed everyone know what happens (or pretend to know what happen) but then i got the banana and walk proud out of the shop haha!

Comment

Working...
        X