Advice please? :/

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Advice please? :/

Every time I post here it's always almost something negative... Grr, I need to change this. But then again, I get super conflicted and annoyed and insecure and I guess I'm not meant to do any form of LDR. Sometimes I even feel like I shouldn't be in a relationship because I'm /that/ insecure.

Anyway, I went home to Singapore for a little while (my grandfather was hospitalized and just recently passed away -- funeral was today), and now that everything is over I want to head back to the USA. Since I'm back I decided to stay a little longer to settle some things and hang out with my friends here, but it's not like I want to stay in Singapore for the whole of summer... Initially my flight back to San Francisco was 1st July. My SO is currently up in Nevada where he has a house and is there to take care of things. But he is due to head back to SF anyway.

So, a couple of days back I told my SO my return plans, and he was all "1st - 3rd July is bad, I have to be in Nevada". He gave me some options like returning earlier and taking a flight up to Reno and he'll pick me up there; or just stay in SF until he gets back, or come back later and he might be able to come pick me up. So, I wanted to change my flight earlier, then he shot me down saying it's a waste of money, he'll be back in SF soon etc. I told him I'll change my flight later and hope he'll be there to pick me up. But somehow I get this idea that he doesn't want me back yet, because all he says is "maybe".

I tried to change my schedule to fit his. I've been doing this each time I've returned to the USA. Right now I'm also in a really fragile state because I just lost my grandfather whom I'm really close to and I am not really entertaining his idea that I go to his place and stay there until he gets back (I don't have a key, I'll have to rely on his roommate to PERHAPS be there to let me in), and I don't really want to be by myself. I ultimately changed my flight to a slightly later date, but he's still all "meh, maybe. You can just stay by yourself in SF until I get there". But the point is right now I don't really want to do that.

I guess I'm being super frustrating and annoying and clingy but I really just want to be with him. He's not letting me fly up earlier to be with him there and then drive back with him when he has to return. He's being vague about MAYBE picking me up at the airport (you'd think that he'll want to see me again, or something, we were supposed to spend summer together!). I know I should be more independent and not have to rely on him, but I don't really have any other family in the SF area and my friends are 3 hours away from SF... (my college is also 2 hours away from SF). Is there any way I can convince him to be there? The drive from NV to SF is about 7 hours, and about $100 in gas, but he knows I'll pay him back. Plus he says he has to go back to SF around the date I'm coming back anyway! I've already changed the date from my original ticket to fit with his schedule better...

Sometimes I wish he'd just do something out of his way for me. Like picking me up at the airport. I just want to see him again and pick up my life where it got cut short. :'(

LFAD, is there any advice for this? I'm scared of bringing it up again because he'll be all "stop being so insecure and there's no problem living by yourself for a bit". I don't even have a key to his place so what's the point? I could blow $80 a night to stay a hotel until he gets there but he's also against that idea. How do I convince him that I don't want to stay at his place (like an illegal squatter) until he gets here? I don't even have a key and he'll have to call his housemate to let me in... How do I let him know that I would really like it if he would be at the airport to pick me up after 20 hours on a flight? How do I explain that I rather continue with my life than stay at home in Singapore and be depressed and missing him and caught up in unwanted family drama? I don't know if I'm overreacting but omg I am getting so annoyed by this. I just wished he'd be more CERTAIN about things. And just you know, be there for me when I get back...

Sigh, another long ramble. I am so sorry.

Tell him what you just wrote here. You have just lost a member of your family, of course you don't want to be alone. You need him to be there for you and tbh he should realize that without you having to explain it to him.

Why can't you fly to Nevada if he's there when you're arriving? Then you could drive back to SF together? I don't know anything about USA so I have no idea where the states are lol but that would seem like the obvious thing to do.

Under normal circumstances I think it would be ok if you went to his place and waited for him there but like I said, you've lost someone and this is not the time to be alone. Be honest with him, tell him you're mourning and you want to be with him and you won't take no for an answer.

Comment

@Tanja-Nevada doesn't exactly have a major international airport. xD The options on the west coast near Nevada are SF in Norcal and LA international airport in Southern California.

Having said that, WOULD it be too much of a hassle to include a transfer flight to Nevada, so that you do end up there and drive back to SF together? I haven't ever really played with my flights too much, or even tried to change dates, so I don't know. But sometimes it might take you telling him straight up what it is you need of him; something like this is perfectly justified.

Comment

I know I should just talk to him again, but he's always being so vague. Even my sister is all "wtf, how can he not know his plans?" But he is just that kind of person and I'm incredibly tolerant most of the time...

@Tanja and @FadedSunrise, that was the FIRST thing I suggested. The airport in Nevada that I'll be going to is Reno; so it's about a 6-7 hours drive from there to SF. Despite the 20 hour flight from Singapore to San Francisco (I hate flying). But he was all "noo $250 is too much to spend on a flight to NV only to drive back to SF next week". I've already tried telling him what I needed, and I don't know it seems like he's not accepting it very well. I guess it's because he thinks that if I didn't have him in the USA I would be spending all my time back home, but I can't stay here and grieve for the next 2 months! I don't want to do that either. And yeah, right now I just don't want to be left alone... I want him to just be there for me..

He already says he should be heading back to SF around the week that I booked my flight for. He's just doesn't know when. I moved my flight to a night arrival flight so he doesn't have to drive overnight to pick me up - he can leave around 10am, head to his apartment first, then head to the airport around 830pm to pick me up. It's not like I'm 100% inconveniencing him to make a special trip to San Francisco to pick me up in the first place... :/

Comment

Working...
        X