Funny events/memories with your SO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Funny events/memories with your SO

So yesterday my hubby and I got locked out of our bedroom. Seconds later, The worst storm of the year sprung into action. Tons and tons of rain and hail pouring down like it was the end of the world. My oh so loveable husband left the window open in our room!!!....with our laptop next to it!!!!!!!!!!!! So we are locked out of the room and the key for the door is inside the room. We started to attempt at picking the lock with small pieces of metal McGuyver style. That didn't work so Kyle grabs a gigantic wrench and starts pounding on the door knob. He gave it a few whacks and then got the idea to go outside on the balcony and try to stand on the rail and reach for the window to hop through into our room from the outside. This almost gave me a heart attack as we are on the 3rd floor and the rain was so strong I could hardly see his body from 3 meters away. He gave up that idea rather quickly thankfully and we came back inside drenched. He once again picks up the enormous wrench and after 4 or 5 whacks knocked the door handle completely off. He managed to open the door, grab the computer which was saved by the keyboard protector and finally close the window. Our bed was soaked! Next, I was curious if the door could still be locked from inside the room. Because I don't want anybody to be able to open the door unexpectedly when we are uhhhhhh (you know :-p) So yes the door still locked, but then couldn't be unlocked. So we broke into the room, and now were locked IN OUR ROOM! lol. So I called my mom who came over and started beating the handle from the otherside. After about 5 minutes she gave up. She promptly went to the couch and started snacking on chips! Kyle was able to use some pliers to get it open again another 5 mins later. Geesh! what a series of events I tell you. We laughed so hard together when it was finally over.

So this is now one of my favorite memories in recent time. What's yours???

HAHA, yeah that was a good one.

My favorite memory in recent time was teaching you how to swim. To see you go from curious, but scared. To slowly becoming more brave and comfortable and following what i taught you and then finally swimming was beautiful. The smile on your face when you swam all on your own for the first time is something I will never forget. You were like a kid on christmas. I love you.

Comment

Hee hee...You guys are too cute
      Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

It was on his first visit so right after we had become LDR. I had just moved in into my new place with a less than ideal flatmate.
        Anyway one night I was already lying in bed, he joined me and -wham-
        the bed crashed and we were lying half on the floor with the mattress somewhere halfway through the bed frame.
        It was so loud, I was sure we had woken up the whole floor. We put everything back in place, though and went back to bed... when it crashed a second time.
        Upon closer inspection we discovered that the slatted frame had been taped with sellotape (!) so it really wasn't our fault at all.

We put the mattress on the floor and I got a new bedframe the next day.

On one of my last visits I locked his dad in They have a lock on their door that you can't open from the inside when it has been locked from the outside. I had no idea about that and I had never in my life even heard of such locks.
        I went to meet my boyfriend while his dad was in the bathroom and because I didn't want to bother him, I just left and locked the door...
        Lucky for him, they live on the ground floor so he jumped off their balcony and opened the doors from outside.
        I was still so embarrassed (and brought him 4 cans of beer on my next visit - haha)
        Last edited by Dziubka; June 17, 2011, 09:28 AM.

Być tam, zawsze tam, gdzie Ty.

Comment

Oh these stories are fun! I have another being-locked-out story to contribute. I went to visit my SO in March and we stayed at his house this time instead of a hotel because he had to work during the week. While my SO, his mother, and his sister were at work during the day, I stayed at the house and did homework until everyone got home, and his mom had told me that I could just ignore it if the phone rang or someone was at the door. One afternoon, my SO's aunt stopped by the house while everyone was out, but I recognized her so I ran downstairs to let her know that my SO's mother would be right back. I turned off the house alarm and ran outside without shoes on because I figured I'd be right back in, but the door kept blowing open and I didn't want to let the dog out, so I shut it. I checked the doorknob just to make sure I could still get back in....but I had just locked myself out of the house.

I turned around to his aunt, horrified, like, O.O?! and she said, "Oh my god, you locked yourself out!" Thank god my SO only works 5 minutes up the street from his house, so his aunt drove me to the library and he saved the day by giving me his key. I'm sitting there in the car, in my rainbow socks with no shoes on and my SO just smiled and shook his head at me like he didn't know what to do with me. I walked back up to the library later on to meet him when his shift was over and he had a field day teasing me about it . For the rest of my visit he'd periodically say, "You locked yourself.....out of the house." He still won't let me forget it, but it's one of the funniest, most humiliating memories we have so far.
          "These are the days of miracle and wonder. This is the long-distance call."--Paul Simon
          "I can't tell one from another. Did I find you, or you find me?
          There was a time before we were born. If someone asks, this where I'll be. . .where I'll be."--Talking Heads

Comment

Very funny stories everybody! I wish more people would share their stories like this because one can never laugh and smile too much upon reflecting on good times such as these.

Comment

Well, my SO is Irish, and you know the whole thing about how there are no snakes in Ireland?

We have lots of water snakes around where I live, and loads and loads of lakes. The SO and I were thinking about possibly renting a cottage for a week when he comes over, so the conversation went this way:

Me: A cottage would be nice, we could go canoeing, swim, have some beers, step on water snakes and scream like little girls...
              Him: Snakes?!?!
              Me: Oh right, I forgot you're Irish.
              Him: I know what they are!!

Haha, he thought that I assumed that being Irish he doesn't knooow what snakes are!! I was meaning that being Irish, I was stereotyping that he'd be terrified of them. I thought it was pretty hilarious!

Love will not betray you, dismay or enslave you, it will set you free

Met: Cork, Ireland - December 31, 2009 • Started Dating: Cork, Ireland - May 22, 2010 • Became LD: July 15, 2010 • My Move From Canada to UK: October 26, 2011
              Closed the distance June 18, 2012!

Comment

Working...
              X