Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Making him our first dinner together..... PLEASE help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Making him our first dinner together..... PLEASE help!

Simple yet flavorful recipes? I want to start with appetizers and end with dessert. I like chicken, cheese, salad, (no pasta or rice please). Can anyone help??

I would like to use chicken and fresh mozzarella cheese..... but I'm stuck

Any suggestions (recipes??)

Thanks!

I'm not good with appetisers, so hopefully other people have suggestions for that As far as the other two go:
    My favourite recipe, by far is asparagus and chicken lasagna. I personally don't follow the amount they suggest in the recipe for mozzarella, I love to pile a lot more on!
    Recipe here!
    Another personal favourite, I like to make gnocchi with chicken, spinach, gorgonzola cream sauce, and pine nuts. I just get packaged gnocchi from the grocery store, boil it for about 2-3 minutes until they start to float in the water. Cook up 1 or 2 chicken breasts in a pan in a bit of extra virgin olive oil, and then slice them up.
    Recipe for gorgonzola cream sauce:
    1 tbsp butter
    1 tbsp flour
    3/4 cup milk or heavy cream (heavy cream makes it a bit more creamy and delicious!)
    Crumbled gorgonzola, to taste.
    Melt the butter in the sauce pan, then add in the flour. Cook that for about 1-2 minutes (it should not turn brown!) and then slowly stir in the milk/cream. Keep stirring it on a medium temperature, and it'll thicken up nicely. Then melt the gorgonzola in it. I like to add a bit, stir it in, give it a taste, add more, etc. to make sure it's not too little or too strong flavour-wise! Then add in a couple handfulls of spinach.
    Then I toss the gnocchi, cut up chicken, sauce together. I like to add in a handful of pine nuts for a bit of crunch. And then if you like, balsamic vinegar goes looovely poured on top! The sauce part of the recipe can sound daunting if you're not used to making white sauces, but it's really quite easy to do I quite like this one, because you don't really need a side salad with it, as it has the spinach cooked right in with it!

And as far as desserts go, I like this one for this time of year, with all the gorgeous berries around!
    Berry Napoleons!
    They're a lot of fun to make, and fun to assemble, and sooo delicious!!

Hope those help

Love will not betray you, dismay or enslave you, it will set you free

Met: Cork, Ireland - December 31, 2009 • Started Dating: Cork, Ireland - May 22, 2010 • Became LD: July 15, 2010 • My Move From Canada to UK: October 26, 2011
    Closed the distance June 18, 2012!

Comment

One of my favorite meals, and our first real meal together, was chicken fettucini alfredo, salad, bread, and cheesecake for dessert. Yum! Now I'm hungry..lol!
      ♥Started talking online around: 10.31.09
      Started getting serious on: 2.14.10
      Met in person for the first time: 10.11.10
      Closed the distance on 7.29.11 ♥

Comment

Ohhhhh the gnocchi sounds amazing as well as the fruity light dessert.

I was thinking about a simple soup or spinach salad with crumbled blue cheese, sliced apples, and almonds, with a raspberry vinaigrette dressing for appetizer.

Comment

Mmm, I love spinach salad with blue cheese and apples!! That sounds lovely

Love will not betray you, dismay or enslave you, it will set you free

Met: Cork, Ireland - December 31, 2009 • Started Dating: Cork, Ireland - May 22, 2010 • Became LD: July 15, 2010 • My Move From Canada to UK: October 26, 2011
          Closed the distance June 18, 2012!

Comment

First time i cook for him is Indonesia food, haha.. try not to be so stressful... its the moment when you had the dinner that the most important! i am very sure he will appreciate any cook that you made!

Comment

Chicken and cheese. How about marinara chicken bake with cheese on top? I know I LOVE the taste of that, and I've often been told by the boy I have an appetite like a guy(blame the 6'0 and 180lbs, hah.)

Comment

Working...
              X