Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone else think i should be bothered by this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone else think i should be bothered by this?

So, my SO was at his friends house last night texting me. I fell asleep, earlier then i usually do and he told me he was going home but, he apparently spent the night and they went on Omegle and he met a girl also in another state. Called her. Added her on Facebook. Chatted with her on Facebook today and supposively did this because she was "over-weight,crying,and had just got dumped".

I saw their chat and she said "you should call me again haha it was fun"
    and he said "very true but my phone only has one bar and i'm texting my girlfriend"

So, she clearly knew he had a girlfriend and said to him "I wish you were here"

When i found out about it he apologized to her (not me) and said i guess i got a little "flirtish"

He said he doesn't understand why i'm bothered by it because i talk to guys all the time.
    which is true, i do. But i don't FLIRT.

I think he at least owes me an apology...am i wrong?
    sigpic

Well, I would be annoyed with my SO too, although I don't think he's the one at fault here, he probably really was just trying to comfort her and she's the one that took it too far, I know some guys misunderstand the difference between being nice/trying to cheer someone up with flirting, it's not like he was trying to cheat on you he clearly stated he had a girlfriend, you could ask for an apology but I really wouldn't start a fight over it if you don't get one.

Notes:
    Met: 8.17.09
    Started Dating: 8.20.09
    First Met: 10.2.10
    Closed the Distance: 8.9.14

Comment

Thanks.

Yeah, she is more at fault but, i still think he owes me an apology.
      sigpic

Comment

honestly if it got sexual i would be more worried but it didnt, if it bothered you just tell him not to do that cause your not comfortable

Comment

Yeah, he didn't apologize but said he never intended to call her again.

Thank you.
          sigpic

Comment

Yes, I would definitely not be happy about this. Everyone has their own ideas of what's "allowable" in a relationship & for me, my SO calling a random girl he met online would not be cool w/me. If you have that nagging feeling like something just isn't right about this, it means that it sincerely bothers you & to be honest, whether or not it would bother other girls in your situation shouldn't really be an issue. You have to be okay with your relationship & your SO's behavior at the end of the day.

Comment

Originally posted by books View Post
              Yes, I would definitely not be happy about this. Everyone has their own ideas of what's "allowable" in a relationship & for me, my SO calling a random girl he met online would not be cool w/me. If you have that nagging feeling like something just isn't right about this, it means that it sincerely bothers you & to be honest, whether or not it would bother other girls in your situation shouldn't really be an issue. You have to be okay with your relationship & your SO's behavior at the end of the day.
              It is bothering me, i'm trying not to let it so thanks.
              sigpic

Comment

I can see that he might have just really wanted to help, but if my SO would go on such a site and talk to someone for such a long time... I wouldn't be happy with it. At all. I'm the only person my SO is supposed to get flirty with, so I actually would be bothered by this.

Comment

I'd be rather upset, both for what he did, and because of hip saying sorry to that girl for flirting, and not to you! It's no use telling a girl "i have a girlfriend" to then flirt with her anyway.
                  I litterally just got a bit upset because this girl has been openly flirting with my boyfriend, and i figured it out 6 weeks ago when only just today he told me "okay, joyce, you may be right, i guess she likes me a bit". He's been inviting her to hang out, i met her over skype when she was drunk at my boyfriend's house when he was having a party and she started saying out quite loudly "oooooh i want to see what she's like", and grrr she annoyed me. Today finally at a dinner my boyfriend figured out she was being annoyingly clingy. I trust him, and i bet you trust your boyfriend, but being in a LDR makes you feel so weak and powerless at times, so a bit of extra cooperation from your SO would be quite appreciated. He should say sorry to you, these things hurt

Distance doesn't matter when two hearts are loyal to each other.

Comment

Originally posted by joyce92ts View Post
                    I'd be rather upset, both for what he did, and because of hip saying sorry to that girl for flirting, and not to you! It's no use telling a girl "i have a girlfriend" to then flirt with her anyway.
                    I litterally just got a bit upset because this girl has been openly flirting with my boyfriend, and i figured it out 6 weeks ago when only just today he told me "okay, joyce, you may be right, i guess she likes me a bit". He's been inviting her to hang out, i met her over skype when she was drunk at my boyfriend's house when he was having a party and she started saying out quite loudly "oooooh i want to see what she's like", and grrr she annoyed me. Today finally at a dinner my boyfriend figured out she was being annoyingly clingy. I trust him, and i bet you trust your boyfriend, but being in a LDR makes you feel so weak and powerless at times, so a bit of extra cooperation from your SO would be quite appreciated. He should say sorry to you, these things hurt
                    Exactly, these things hurt...

I honestly don't even feel like even texting him right now. I guess he's just too lazy to fix this and he's leaving it all to me.
                    sigpic

Comment

I don't really understand why an apology would make everything rainbows and sunshine again. In my opinion, he didn't do anything wrong. He told this girl he has a girlfriend. He said he wouldn't speak to her again. I feel like it's a closed book.

Comment

Originally posted by lucybelle View Post
                        I don't really understand why an apology would make everything rainbows and sunshine again. In my opinion, he didn't do anything wrong. He told this girl he has a girlfriend. He said he wouldn't speak to her again. I feel like it's a closed book.
                        I think she wants an apology as an acknowledgement that he did something that hurt her feelings, she isn't expecting it to make everything better.

Notes:
                        Met: 8.17.09
                        Started Dating: 8.20.09
                        First Met: 10.2.10
                        Closed the Distance: 8.9.14

Comment

I don't think he will apologise, and isn't expecting you to fix anything either, because he doesn't feel that what he did was wrong at all. My boyfriend has some female friends he met online, which makes me a bit insecure, because I am also a random girl he met on the internet. He also has different definitions of flirting than I do, so I try my hardest to ignore my feelings and trust him when he tells me how special I am to him. Since your SO made it clear he has a girlfriend and isn't even thinking of calling her again, I wouldn't be bothered by it. He already knows you were affected by it and promised not to call her again, that's his way of making it up to you and in my book will be more than enough.

Comment

Originally posted by lucybelle
                            This.

Comment

Originally posted by 13000km View Post
                              I don't think he will apologise, and isn't expecting you to fix anything either, because he doesn't feel that what he did was wrong at all. My boyfriend has some female friends he met online, which makes me a bit insecure, because I am also a random girl he met on the internet. He also has different definitions of flirting than I do, so I try my hardest to ignore my feelings and trust him when he tells me how special I am to him. Since your SO made it clear he has a girlfriend and isn't even thinking of calling her again, I wouldn't be bothered by it. He already knows you were affected by it and promised not to call her again, that's his way of making it up to you and in my book will be more than enough.
                              I guess. Things seem to be good right now and he hasn't answered her since that day they started talking. She has written "Kenny? Kenny? helloooo?" all over his wall and chat and things like that on Facebook but he has yet to answer any of them.

I think he relized how upset it made me and he will not do it again..

Thank you everyone for your input though. It means a lot.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X