Won't be moving in with boyfriend for at least another 4 years :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Won't be moving in with boyfriend for at least another 4 years :(

Since I'll be starting college this year and going for bachelors degree in Animal Behavior, I'll be stuck in Maine for another 4 years. We've been together for just about 2 years so far.. and it has been difficult in the past but nowadays I've become used to being apart during certain periods of time and such.

I'm not sure if this'll be slightly more difficult since I'll be busy with college or what, but I am a little worried. Then again, he is the most patient guy I've ever met - bar none.

At times, thats what it's all about...patience; patience to get a visit, patience to close the distance, and so on and so on. You're doing the right thing at the moment...being optimistic and strong for the both of you. Hope everything goes well for the both of you over the next four years!
    National Novel Writing Month Participant- 2010, 2011, 2012
    National Novel Writing Month Winner- 2010, 2011, 2012

Current Writing Project: Wait Until Next Year

Comment

something similar happened to us, except we had only been dating about 3 months before he left the state for college. it was hard at first because he was adjusting to college life/campus life. the first semester was rough and took a ton of patience but we made it through and are still going strong and going into our 3rd year of college

Comment

I think for me being in school (even though its not undergrad) has made LDR better as opposed to if I was just working or something. The breaks are long, you are constantly around people your own age, you are busy, you have a set date for when its done, there is always someone going out doing something if you get down. The downsides would def. be the lack of money, but overall it can be done. I met a girl yesterday who did undergrad LDR for four year, survived, and is now married to her SO, such inspiration.

Comment

Working...
        X