Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here we goooooo

Hi all,

I've been lurking around for the past month or so and I thought I'd just fill you all in on my situation.

I have been seeing a resident physician on and off for the past two and a half months. With his hectic schedule (studying for exams, and packing to move) I would say I saw him every few weeks, but we would email and text inbetween. He's moving to New Orleans this Wednesday to start a three year fellowship in Gastroenterology and I'm in Tucson finishing up my PhD. He's finally "made the decision" to have us do the distance. He told me today that he wants me to come visit him and we'll see how we "get along." This surely surprised me as he's been tossing his thoughts around for a month or so and I was anticipating the worst.

So here I am, about to embark on my first LDR. I know I can handle it (or I hope I can!). Any advice?

Trust is a big issue with LDRs. You can't freak out everytime he goes out and such. Please sometimes its hard for people to express love via phone, via webcam whatever. It takes some dedication and getting used to but you can do it BTW I love the signature. Where did you find it?

Comment

Welcome aboard! It does take courage to go on LDR bcoz it's not an easy thing to do. It takes communication, sacrifices and compromises. At times you will have to rely on your gut feeling bcoz generally we can't see what our SOs are doing. So trust is also a big thing here. I don't think it's for those who don't have enough courage nor faith. If you already said to yourself that you can do it, then you can do it. Don't pay attention to other people saying that LDR won't work and that it's a waste of time, money and blah blah blah. LDR doesn't work for everyone but a lot have proven that it can work!
      Good luck and you know you have this forum whenever you need help and advices in the future. Cheers!

Comment

Daisypath.com. I think if you click on one of them it'll bring you to the site!

---------- Post added at 08:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:08 PM ----------

Thanks everyone! He was in one for several years so he knows what's in store and I do as well. I thought it was a good sign that we can go a few weeks without seeing one another and just pick up where we left off when we did (and he's a half a mile away right now. hah). I trust him and I'm sure he can trust me. Once he takes his national board exam, he'll be more available (no more studying!). I'm glad to have you all for support,most of my friends have never done this before so they don't understand.

Comment

Hi, welcome.
          LDR's are hard but Worth it but aslong as you trust each other and are prepared for the hard work to keep it going, you'll make it.
          We're all in the same boat just at varying stages of the journey and we'll offer help and support when we can

---------- Post added at 09:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:23 AM ----------

Hi, welcome.
          LDR's are hard but Worth it but aslong as you trust each other and are prepared for the hard work to keep it going, you'll make it.
          We're all in the same boat just at varying stages of the journey and we'll offer help and support when we can
          As long as there is air in my lungs... there is a chance

Comment

Hi. I'm new to LDR too. I just wanted to wish you good luck!

Comment

Working...
            X