Having Trust Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mara View Post
    How often and why are they still in contact? Didn't you mention she lived in another country?
    he'll talk to her a couple of times a week. he said that he tries to stay friends with his exes, especially if things didn't end badly. I've never been able to do that- it just hurts too much, you know? if someone is an "ex" they're an "ex" for a reason.

Comment

Originally posted by Kerry View Post
      he'll talk to her a couple of times a week. he said that he tries to stay friends with his exes, especially if things didn't end badly. I've never been able to do that- it just hurts too much, you know? if someone is an "ex" they're an "ex" for a reason.
      It depends on how attached you were. Maybe he didn't have strong feelings for her? My SO told me many times that she didn't have any feelings for her ex-boyfriend. At all. That's why she never saw the problem of staying friends with him. She's not anymore though.

Comment

Originally posted by NaNi View Post
        It depends on how attached you were. Maybe he didn't have strong feelings for her? My SO told me many times that she didn't have any feelings for her ex-boyfriend. At all. That's why she never saw the problem of staying friends with him. She's not anymore though.
        he told me today that he only cares for her as a friend and I guess she's been going thru some stuff. he also said that he hasn't been her only support, which is a very good thing. I don't need her leaning on my bf for most of her moral support, you know? he also said that if his talking to her is causing me stress then he will stop because what we have is too important and he wants to treasure it.

Comment

Hmm..Idk, I'm not really comfortable with the whole friends with exs thing, but I think that's because I'm not friends with any of my exes whether it ended badly or not. I suppose it's just really about how much does it bother you and if that's the case with him, I wouldn't be surprised if he was friends with other exes as well.

Comment

How did you see his cell phone log if you haven't met yet?
            NY to Texas Married on...August 17th, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by Karringtyn View Post
              How did you see his cell phone log if you haven't met yet?
              I saw it online.

Comment

Originally posted by Mara View Post
                Hmm..Idk, I'm not really comfortable with the whole friends with exs thing, but I think that's because I'm not friends with any of my exes whether it ended badly or not. I suppose it's just really about how much does it bother you and if that's the case with him, I wouldn't be surprised if he was friends with other exes as well.
                I'm not comfortable with being friends with exes either and that is what I do. I just think it's wise to minimise contact as much as possible to avoid unnecessary misunderstanding and argument with the current partner. So if you are already not comfortable with this, you have the right to ask him to stop any contact with his ex, except in urgent matters.

Comment

Working...
                X