Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Do You Do to Get Ready for Your SO's Arrival?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What Do You Do to Get Ready for Your SO's Arrival?

I'm getting ready for my boyfriend to come out to see me tomorrow and have been trying to get ready. What do you guys all do to get ready for your SO when they are coming to visit you?

I always clean everything really well, we discuss a meal plan and I go grocery shopping before he comes, I wash my sheets, dust, clean my fish tanks (like this matters to him lol), prepare some kind of snack for us to have for when he gets here (he arrives on a late flight), get a pedicure, waxed, all that jazz.

I'm just wondering what you guys all do too? It seems like I'm running around like a chicken with my head cut off for two days before he ever arrives. And sadly, I know he won't even notice if I wiped down all the baseboards or not lmfao but I do it anyway.

My SO has only come to visit me once, but I cleaned the entire apartment like a mad woman, bought some new clothes and underwear, got waxed and a hair cut. I only bought some breakfast essentials, because my SO REALLY wanted to know what a British grocery store looked like, so I knew we'd be going the next day anyway lol. I think the most organization I did was buy train and plane tickets for all our travel plans.

I don't think he would have cared if I did any of those things though- he trashed my room with all his bags and stuff as soon as he got there, so it didn't matter that I'd tidied...

<3 The day we met : 10.31.2009
    <3 Our first Date: 11.04.2009
    The Day we went long distance: 08.08.2010
    <3 He came to England: 12.27.2010-01.07.2011
    <3 My trip to Ohio: 5.29.2011-6.09.2011
    Our first Christmas visit: 12.23.2011-1.7.2011
    Distance closed: 2.29.2012!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by nicole View Post
      My SO has only come to visit me once, but I cleaned the entire apartment like a mad woman, bought some new clothes and underwear, got waxed and a hair cut. I only bought some breakfast essentials, because my SO REALLY wanted to know what a British grocery store looked like, so I knew we'd be going the next day anyway lol. I think the most organization I did was buy train and plane tickets for all our travel plans.

I don't think he would have cared if I did any of those things though- he trashed my room with all his bags and stuff as soon as he got there, so it didn't matter that I'd tidied...
      lol, that's what my boyfriend did too, before I knew it his clothes were everywhere. IDK, to me it was really important to make that first impression, but this time around I find it less important. For example, the first time we met I went all out, washed my slipcovers and everything, this time around I'm just going to vacuum them and Febreeze away. I know he won't notice.

Lucky for me I live in a little studio so cleaning, even going into super clean mode is just so easy. The most it takes for me to really deep clean is about 2 hours.

I try not to tell him everything I do to get ready because I know he'll just tell me not to bother, but if I don't do all this stuff it will bother me!

Comment

Hmm well I get waxed, new outfit and undies, I clean my place like I normally do nothing extreme! I also make sure I have his favorite snacks and drinks oh and I make sure the kids are with their dad for a day or so lol

Comment

I usually clean what I can. I shave everything and special wash my hair because he likes to play with it sometimes.
          "We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love " ~ Theodore Seuss Geisel.

Comment

I typically do what I call a spa night. Relax in the tub for a while. Bust out the tweezers when necessary. Use the special face wash. I also clean out my car and plan out all my clothes after checking the weather for while we're together. I think of a million things for us to do and make arrangements for him to sleep somewhere since we don't have anywhere at my house for him. I'm sure there's more, but I don't remember what it is. You'd think I'd know since I just found out he's coming Monday for the 4th of July.

Comment

Haha, I know how you're feeling! My SO gets here on Saturday, and I'm lost as to what else I need to do!! He's never been to my house before... the first time he came over to visit me here, we spent the whole time in Toronto. I've been so bad at preparing, I forgot to book my waxing appointments and now my spa is all booked up haha.
              I'm cleaning my room and house, buying groceries (just bought us two gorgeous lobsters ), vacuuming all the dog hair out of my car, figuring out which Canadian beer to get for him, picking out my picking-him-up-at-the-airport outfit, doing laundry... I'm working all day tomorrow and then having my cousin, his wife and their new baby over for dinner, and then I'm working a 12 hour shift the following day. There's not enough time!!
              But I'm also baking him cookies haha.

Love will not betray you, dismay or enslave you, it will set you free

Met: Cork, Ireland - December 31, 2009 • Started Dating: Cork, Ireland - May 22, 2010 • Became LD: July 15, 2010 • My Move From Canada to UK: October 26, 2011
              Closed the distance June 18, 2012!

Comment

I have to admit that my banana nut muffins came out as abominations. But I still plan on making him eat one

Comment

I make sure that the apartment is clean and also smells good. I buy groceries, various stuff. Food I know that my SO loves or would like to try. I also take a long bath, shave and just try to make myself look pretty.

Comment

well we've planned our meal together usually though the night before i -

have a long bath and wash my hair
                    curl it, then put it slightly damp in a bun so the next day its really thick and curly!
                    i have the morning free, but i will probably be choosing my outfit which takes long enough! :L
                    i will tidy our bedroom and various things around the house hehe, and make sure the fridge is stocked with his favourite food and drinks.

Comment

My SO arrived last night, thank goodness he had a safe flight! What I usually do before he visits me is, first of all, taking really good care of myself to prevent myself from getting sick while he's here. I surely want to be in prime health to be able to enjoy every single second with him. I clean and tidy up my house, plan what to eat and cook during his stay (he likes cooking so we always plan to cook together) and also I try to make myself look clean. If I look clean I think I will look pretty.

Comment

My SO is from where I live - he moved to FL for school, and now he lives in NYC since he graduated (they're both the same distance from our city in Indiana). So, when he's home, he stays at his dad or mom's houses, and I stay with him there. I'm 21 and live at home (I'm in my last year of university) and my parents are fine with me staying with him the whole time he's here but my dad still isn't quite comfortable with the idea of him staying the night at our place, lol. So all of my preparations go toward my appearance and my car! I relax and think up fun stuff for us to do, I shave, trim my bangs if they need it, pick out some outfits, and let myself be giddy and happy. I rarely wear makeup, but I love smelling nice so I always take forever picking out body sprays to wear around him (usually vanilla or coconut). And I clean my car out. When I would go to visit him in FL (I haven't visited him NYC yet), he would clean his apartment and make his bed for us, but he'd wait until I got there before grocery shopping together so we could plan out food for the week ^.^

Comment

"Oh so what are we going to do when you get here?"
                          "We can get some coffee first."
                          (ok nothing big)
                          "See you in a bit"
                          SHAVE EVERYTHING!
                          And every breath we drew was Hallelujah

Comment

My SO never stays at mine when he comes over, so I don't have anything to get ready in terms of cleaning and tidying my environment. I try to get more sleep during the weeks beforehand though so I'm not ill or tired when he arrives. I'll do more exercise, because I want to be in decent shape and drink plenty of water in the hope of having clear skin when I see him! Plus more generally, I'll book travel tickets and buy all the things I'll need to take away with us

Comment

The forum ate my original post, so I'll just say that I am going to do a million of things for preparation and to add to the normal jitters of your boyfriend coming the first time I'm also going to have my defense for graduation two days before his arrival. So, busy!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X