OMG- Meeting in 2 weeks!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OMG- Meeting in 2 weeks!!!

I just realized that in 2 weeks I'm going to meet my bf for the 1st time! I'm flying to see him. I've already bought my tickets and rented my car. Ok- now I need help. How do I prepare for this? I need some advice please!

Hmm, do you mean like physically prepare like deciding which clothes to bring, getting money together, etc or emotionally prepare?

Comment

I'm in the same boat! I have 2 weeks too and I'm terrified!

Comment

Pamper yourself a bit, make sure you got what you want to pack - and be careful about liquids.

Above all, have fun, be safe, and enjoy some dates!

LFAD Book Challenge: 34/100 Complete

Comment

Make sure to take the basic needed things (what a piece of advice, lol) but most of all, try not to be extremely nervous about it. I know some might say "But it's the first time they meet, of course they'll be nervous.". Well, that's true, and completely normal, yet being more relaxed and being yourself around him will surely make it better for both of you

Comment

I mean how to physically and mentally prepare. I'll be flying for the 1st time- 6+ hours- and I know that'll cause me anxiety since I have a fear of flying!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Kerry View Post
              I mean how to physically and mentally prepare. I'll be flying for the 1st time- 6+ hours- and I know that'll cause me anxiety since I have a fear of flying!!!
              You'll be fine! I'm also scared of flying, but when I visited my SO for the first time I didn't care about the 24+ hours trip. Even though it was my first trip alone. I was just so excited!

Comment

I was so nervous before meeting my boyfriend, I couldn't remain calm. It was even hard if not impossible to sleep. I was so worried the chemistry we had online wouldn't be the same in person or that he would reject me.

My advice to you would be just to be excited, and start counting the days until you meet. There's nothing you can really do to prepare other than look your best and make sure your arrangements are made.

Comment

Originally posted by Sierra View Post
                  I was so nervous before meeting my boyfriend, I couldn't remain calm. It was even hard if not impossible to sleep. I was so worried the chemistry we had online wouldn't be the same in person or that he would reject me.

My advice to you would be just to be excited, and start counting the days until you meet. There's nothing you can really do to prepare other than look your best and make sure your arrangements are made.
                  look my best- do I have time for a full body plastic surgery overhaul??? lol

Comment

Well, when I go visit my boyfriend I always try to make sure I have everything I wanted to bring although I always end up forgetting something. Usually, my camera. We don't get to see each other often obviously so I like to take photos when we are together, but I always forget my digital camera and my cell phone doesn't take pictures as good. I try to remember the little things I usually forget too like hairbrush or my toothbrush or I'm always forgetting my perfume.

Emotionally, I just try to relax if that's at all possible. Traveling isn't my favorite thing as far as actually going to some place. So I like to soak in the tub and just give myself a bit of a spa day. Also try to run any errands that need to be done before you leave.

When you think about it there's a lot more that needs to be done than it seems.

Comment

I was so nervous the first time I met my SO I couldn't sleep for like 3 days! xD it was awful, but my advice is to bring some stuff for the flight to help distract you from your fears, like a book or a hand held game, and make sure you triple check flight times and that everything you need is prepared so that you won't have to worry about any of that, also try to relax and have a good time

Notes:
                      Met: 8.17.09
                      Started Dating: 8.20.09
                      First Met: 10.2.10
                      Closed the Distance: 8.9.14

Comment

Working...
                      X