Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know the end is near....

Hey guys,

You all have been so helpful to me in the past, especially at the beginning of my LDR and everything you said came to be true so I am hoping you can help me out with this one...

I feel like we are heading for a breakup. Just within this past week I've noticed a change in my boyfriend that is hard to describe. He doesn't answer my phone calls like he used to and takes ages to respond to me or call me back. When he does message me back its like he is talking to one of his mates not his girlfriend. No more "baby" or "xxx" at the end of the messages. His tone of voice isn't the same as it used to be and its just the vibe that I get from him that only I would notice because I know him so well.

I know he is not cheating on me so I feel like he's either upset with me or his heart isn't in it anymore. I thought I was being paranoid at first but it has been over a week and he is still acting this way and I just have a bad feeling about it.

PLEASE ADVISE! Am I being paranoid or do I legit have something to be worried about? Has anyone else felt this way before? Its been about 4 months since we've been apart. Is this just a normal phase of a LDR? I am going to call him tomorrow and tell him how I am feeling...is that the right thing to do?

Thanks for listening!

If he is acting differently, I definitely think you need to ask him why he is and see if anything is wrong. It's hard for me to say whether or not you are being paranoid or not. Some people detach themselves a bit to deal with the distance or he might be going through some issues unrelated to your relationship or it could be that he isn't feeling as close to you or it might just be nothing at all. You'll only know if you ask him about it.

Comment

Tell him how you're feeling. You won't know what's going on otherwise. Good luck.

Comment

I'd just talk to him, ask him if there is anything bothering him and what not. My SO goes a little withdrawn (like your guy)when he's stressed, its not that he doesnt love me it's just he doesnt want to bitch to me about work because i have my own things to deal with. Id try and stay as calm as possible and just ask if he's alright, anything going on at work or school ect that's bugging him and see what happens from there.
        As long as there is air in my lungs... there is a chance

Comment

I will definitely try that. Unfortunately due to the time difference I need to wait until tomorrow morning which means another sleepless night.

THanks though...will let you all know the outcome.

Comment

Try to find out if there is anything stressful going on his life at the moment, but leave your leave the discussion about how you are feeling until you know for sure that he's not dealing with something worrisome. Whatever you do - do NOT mention break-up. Try as best as possible not to project your fears onto him, because that might lead into an argument where he gets defensive and nothing gets resolved. He may be preoccupied with other aspects of his life and you don't want to appear as if you believe - everything in his life revolves around you.

Whenever, I get preoccupied with other stuff than my fiance, he just simply say kiss kiss and makes a big sloppy kissing sound at the end of a conversation which always get me fuzzy and warm on the inside no matter what's going on in my life.. He doesn't get upset or overly concern - he simply does something to change the situation.

Maybe you can try something like that too.
            Met Online : July 2013
            Met in person : April - May 2014 (3 wks)
            2nd visit : June - August 2014 (2 months)
            3rd visit : December - Jan (2wks)
            Proposal : December 2014
            Closed distance : February 2015
            Married : April 5, 2015

Comment

Working...
            X