Needed A Relationship Advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Needed A Relationship Advice

I am in a long distance relationship with my girlfriend for a very long time. We both love each other very much but sometimes I don't get enough time to communicate with her and due to lack of communication and not meeting for a long time and it becomes the reason of fight between us. Now, I am unable to handle it anymore and it is getting worse day by day. I don't understand what to do and how to handle it. I need an advice what can i do to save my relationship so that it becomes better.

Coming from a Long-Distance-Relationship and knowing how you feel.
    I made the unbelievable mistake and didn't give my girlfriend enough time for herself. She had school, work and health problems and on top of that she was stressed out to an unbelievable extend. I still told her that I wanted more time with her. That's what pushed her over the line and she broke up with me..... because I just stressed her out even more and didn't give her the support she needed.

Now I don't know your circumstances all too well. I don't know what your Girlfriend is currently doing, if she is attending school, work or something else. But if she is, and she doesn't have enough time for you because she is working on her future, a future with you, then the best thing you can do is to give her support, no matter what!
    I learned that the hard way, and currently I am trying to safe my relationship. Don't do the same mistakes I did.
    Send her small gifts, flowers or just a letter, to let her know that she is still on your mind and that you wish her all the best, and that you will always support her!

And also important, plan the next meetup. Always have something to look forward to!
    Even if it is in a month or 3 months, when there is a meetup planned in the future it really lightens up the mood. My girlfriend was always happy when I told her all that.

And long term, I think it is always important to have a last goal. And that would be to close the gap and to be with your Girlfriend permanently. If she knows that you are working to be with her forever, it makes her so much more happy, that is at least what I saw with my Girlfriend.

Now obviously you know your girlfriend better then me. I can only give you advice based on what you told us.
    Still, I wish you good luck! And don't do the same mistakes I did. I regret each and every single one of them deeply.

Comment

Hey Peterjoseph,
      This covid thing, closed borders etc has made everything soooo much harder. Recognize this as a massive additional stressor, especially for those of us in LDRs.
      Everyone has different needs in a relationship. But different circumstances also influence these. It sounds like your SO can't give you what you want right now. My SO is in that position with work, study. And I miss her. I find it very hard at times and sometimes find myself thinking, she doesn't love me etc. But that's me attributing a meaning to her silence, whereas for her, she has her head full of all teh things she needs to do in her life over there. It's difficult to deal with when we can't see each other.
      But we get to talk to each other weekly and when we do talk it is good. So I'm lucky. I have to make an effort to guard against that negative psychological spin in my head.
      Talk to your SO about trying to make more time. If she can, then great. If she can't then think about if you can handle that as you have needs also. How long until you get more contact? How long until you can see each other again. Remember those times you have been together in person as that is the relationship you are fighting for.
      Good luck.

Comment

Hello! Long distance relationships can be challenging, especially when communication becomes an issue. It's important to make time for each other, even if it's just a few minutes a day to check in and catch up. Consider setting up regular video calls or phone calls to keep the connection strong. It's also important to be honest and open about your feelings and concerns with your partner. Try to work together to find a solution that works for both of you. And remember, relationships require effort and patience. Don't give up on something you love without putting in the effort to make it work.

Comment

Working...
        X