Never met international relationships?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Never met international relationships?

Hi there, I'm really keen to hear from anyone in an LDR never met and more about how you met and what the distance between you is? Thanks in advance!

Hi,

I am in a LDR where we haven’t met yet. It will likely be a while before we do because of the travel restrictions in some countries. I am in the US and he is in the UK.

We met through an online game and actually started off in two alliances that didn’t particularly like each other hahaha. The game we play uses an outside app (Discord) for better communication and he messaged me there to continue a discussion about a beverage emoji and whether or not it was tea or coffee. I still say it’s coffee.

We had known each other for about a year in game, but had never talked outside the game until that discussion lol. From there, it progressed and within a month we transitioned into a committed relationship. We just fit together perfectly for many reasons

We have better together for over a year now and continue to message, call, and video chat daily. We have had some bumps in the road that we have had to work through and the distance isn’t always easy, especially since we don’t know when we will be able to finally meet. We also both fully understand that it will be at least 10 years before I can relocate permanently to him. We are dedicated to making it work though

Comment

Dache I am laughing because my SO and I met almost exactly like you and yours. We met on an online game and were in the top 2 guilds in the game, naturally we were rivals. But we talked and talked and eventually I went into that guild. From there we started talking on Discord and now we have our own personal server. That was almost 3 years ago and we are still going strong.

We have met before but we are not an international couple.
      ~And ever has it been known that Love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation~

Comment

Originally posted by Dache View Post
        Hi,

I am in a LDR where we haven’t met yet. It will likely be a while before we do because of the travel restrictions in some countries. I am in the US and he is in the UK.

We met through an online game and actually started off in two alliances that didn’t particularly like each other hahaha. The game we play uses an outside app (Discord) for better communication and he messaged me there to continue a discussion about a beverage emoji and whether or not it was tea or coffee. I still say it’s coffee.

We had known each other for about a year in game, but had never talked outside the game until that discussion lol. From there, it progressed and within a month we transitioned into a committed relationship. We just fit together perfectly for many reasons

We have better together for over a year now and continue to message, call, and video chat daily. We have had some bumps in the road that we have had to work through and the distance isn’t always easy, especially since we don’t know when we will be able to finally meet. We also both fully understand that it will be at least 10 years before I can relocate permanently to him. We are dedicated to making it work though
        Why can you just meet? You can already travel to or from the USA.

Comment

Originally posted by Anna View Post

Why can you just meet? You can already travel to or from the USA.
          Yes, that’s just become a thing haha. I think the day before I posted that actually.. hadn’t known then. We both have things to sort out and will plan to meet. It will still be a while just because of life naturally we’ll get there though!

*edit to add… going from USA to certain other countries has just become a thing. Many still blocked us, including their citizens, or required lengthy & expensive quarantine.

Comment

I know Americans currently travel to Europe. You can just meet for a week wherever you want. I don't want to be too nosy, but is money the problem? Because I don't see other reasons that could make it so difficult to meet.

Comment

Working...
            X