Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

girl texts less because of studies, work and body image issues

hello

so this girl ive been talking to outside my country for more than a year starts texting less and less. i thought she was uninteressted but i want to get a definite answer, we love each other.

the reason we met is actually through my friend who dated her first, he met her on a video game and then we all started talking as a group, they broke up after a few months but me and her continued to talk as friends, but then i fell in love with her and i told both her and my friend. she says its fine and loves me and my friend is sort of accepting it.

we used to text everyday almost all day, flirty stuff and many cute selfies, we talked on the phone and played games for hours. we send memes to each other, cute relationship posts on instagram, good mornings/ nights and all that stuff. she used to initiate contact many times with all these cute things.

we also have had plans to meet in one of our countries and she wants to do alot of things with me. but its hard for her to visit my country because her country is very poor and its very hard to aquire a traveling visa, so its basically up to me to visit her which she wants.

but then she became extremely sick and was bedridden in the hospital for some time. she missed many exams and courses because of this and when she got better, the school forced her to complete these courses and exams at the same time. she became stressed but she still texts only slightly less obviously because of the studies.

she then started working at a donut shop where there are many orders and its very stressful. her reason is because she wants to have more working experience and she feels like she is addicted to her phone so she wants to do other things to reduce her phone usage and i understood because i could relate to that. she told me that she might not respond at all times but she will try her best and i feel like she honestly does.

she goes to the gym everyday before work so thats even more things and on top of the chores she does at home.

recently she became very depressed because she has gained about 6 kilograms (13 lbs). and everyone around her have noticed and are kind of rude, telling her why did she gain the weight and saying to her that she used to look more pretty before the gain.

i noticed that she doesnt flirt with me as much like she used to so i asked her whats wrong, she always replied with ''im fine'' until i got the answer out of her, that she is having body image issues and she told me to not try to waste my time on helping her because she pushed the few friends she had away because of her sadness. she has no friends now and im the only one talking to her.

i told her that i would never leave her and im trying my best to make things great for her. she stopped sending selfies and going to the gym because of her issues but recently ive talked her out of it and she seems to be slightly better sometimes but she still barely responds to my texts. i finally got one hour with her where i could talk on the phone and i tried to help her and she kept apologizing for her lack of communication and her sometimes boring texts. when i finally get to talk to her she sometimes falls asleep during the call because she is so tired. sometimes she responds after half a day and apologizes because she needed sleep after work.

she sometimes watches all my stories but she doesnt open my messeges only after a few hours, i have no idea why she does that.

i told her that i love her and she does too. and i complemented her a lot because honestly she is gorgeus to me, and she was very thankful and became happier during the call. i gave her suggestions on what she could do to help herself and i hope she does them because she seems to agree.

is there something i can do to make things better for her? i know she is extremely stressed with her terrible studies and work and she always apologizes for it and she honestly tries her best but its come to a point where she only responds twice per day and i get very worried for her. sometimes she texts more but then she goes back to barely responding. and sometimes when i dont respond in a long time she gets worried about me.

sometimes i have thoughts that she is uninterested in me or maybe seeing someone else but she always says no. i told her to be very honest and i wont be mad if she is seeing anyone closer to her so we both wont waste our time, but she swears that she isn't everytime i ask and she always tells me that she loves talking to me and only me. she is conservative and doesnt like the men that are in her country because she dislikes the way they always act towards her. she used to have guy friends but they became weird and she stopped communicating with them completely.

i trust her words since everything she has promised turned out to be true.

i love this girl with all my heart and she loves me too, and i dont want to lose her. i relate on so many things with her, even her family situation and more.

can you people please give as many suggestions as you can on what i should do and if the things i told her are good? could there be another reason to why she is barely texting?

especially if there are girls here who know about a situation like this one and have tips for me i would appreciate it very very much.

Originally posted by FooFoo99 View Post
    i trust her words since everything she has promised turned out to be true.

i love this girl with all my heart and she loves me too, and i dont want to lose her. i relate on so many things with her, even her family situation and more.

Read these two sentences you wrote. Are they really true?

It sounds like you are already doing everything you need to do. Just keep giving her the support and encouragement you already are and everything will work out fine.

It sounds like she has a lot of stress in her life, but is trying hard to improve her situation. Keep encouraging here in that. If you feel like she is getting irritated or upset about something you are saying, back off and let it rest for a while. Approach the topic from a different angle so she won't get upset.

By the way, when she was sick was it Covid? That can make a person irritable and a bit irrational at times. Also can cause migraine headaches. It can take months to completely recover.

Best wishes and good luck to you and her. Keep us informed as to how things go.

Comment

I agree with Ohio Jim. You're doing the right thing, keep doing that. It could be she is going through stress or depression or anxiety (and maybe unaware but just feels flat) andthat she needs some time and this will pass. It's good that she knows you're there for her, through good and bad. Any chance of a visit?

Comment

21F here who struggles with similar things as your gf. I work a lot (sometimes 12.5 hour shifts a day, work 6 days a week). I often worry that I'm not able to interact with my fiance enough as he needs me too. I get thoughts like what if he needs someone else who can fulfill better, more interesting person, more beautiful person, more funny or intelligent. I get thoughts like I make him sad or depressed being with me, because I leave big black hole in him when I'm away.

Those thoughts can really eat at me when I'm away and sometimes I have nightmares. Sometimes it can make me close up from communicating further, because my thoughts are just bad. I also struggle with body image issues like your gf. I have thoughts that when I read about how sometimes she reads your stories but not messages, if it's on snap and she has body image issues, sometimes something that I think about is that when I send messages back, I have to take pictures of my face or body, and it gives me anxiety and depression if I feel bad about how I look. Just random thought.

Sometimes what I need from my fiance is just that reassurance that I'm not making him feel all those things I said above. Its crazy how much a simple words from the person I love most can just make me dissolve all my insecurities. Sometimes it helps if he explains his perspective further. I feel like from reading this I can tell how you are a very loving and caring person towards your gf, and I'm sure she can feel it too from what I'm reading above. I smiled when I read that because it sounds like she is going through a lot and the fact she has someone who loves her as much as you do is a really rare thing. So really be proud of yourself in that way.

The body image issues... I sometimes struggle with flirting too when I don't feel sexy or appealing to my partner (but he says he never notices it XD that I'm as good at flirting as ever), and really what I need in those times is something to make me feel genuinely good about myself in the body I currently have, and something to gently encourage me to love myself and that current look. My partner likes to tell me how he likes chubby and pillowy bodies as much as skinny ones, and then expands on his thoughts on that, rofl. But really, my best advice is if you really love her (as I see you do), is believe and trust in her words totally, and be there for her when she is able to text. Good luck!

Comment

I think you can fly out and visit her- spend time with her for a week, maybe things go right and it changes her perspective on the relationship and wants to make things work.

Comment

Working...
          X