Going back to long distance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Going back to long distance

I'm going to try and make this short and sweet. We began a relationship in November of 2019. We'd been speaking online for about 3 years before that. We met in November 2019. We live around 400 miles away. In December of 2020 i made the decision to move in with him and his Mum. I quit my job, moved down and about 6 months later i started a new job, which i absolutely loved. We lived together for around a year and a half. Things were okay. It was great to finally be living with him after being long distance. There definitely were issues. He seemed a little controlling, saying what i can and can't do, e.g. I can only drink alcohol once per week. I can't eat in the bedroom. Despite all that, we did get on. Basically, in the two and a half years we've been together, a lot of major life events have happened, which has brought us closer together. In the summer of 2020 (before i moved down) lockdown had just ended, so i caught a flight down to see him for a week or so. In that space of time his little brother, who was only 7 passed away (he had no health issues) and then 3 days later his dad took his own life. So i stayed for a while to help with that. But things like that just makes it hard to leave him.

About 4 weeks ago, i made the decision to move back home. Due to family issues. I couldn't live so far away with family members being so Ill. So i got a transfer from my job, which i am due to start in a place up here next week. The issue is, i've been back home now for 3 days, and it's starting to get to me. He isn't willing to move here with me, despite the fact he doesn't have anything stopping him, per say. But i don't want to force him into it. I understand it takes a lot of strength to move so far away from somewhere you've been used to your whole life. But i just don't know what to do. I need to be here for my family. I have a stable job, so at least i don't have to worry about that. But i just know i'm going to miss him, and i'm going to worry that he'll get sick of the distance once again.

What do i do?

Sorry if this was long winded. Thank you for any advice
Working...
X