Dating and Intimacy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dating and Intimacy

How many dates would you go on before being intimate?

Define intimate. Like starting to kiss? Starting to cuddle? :O

Comment

It's not about time as much as your comfort level. Really knowing the other person enough to give that special kiss. I think anything, even kissing and hugging, is apart of you and you don't want to give it away to just anybody.

Comment

In my current relationship, the number was 0. *grin*

We were friends so long we just skipped the whole dating thing.

Comment

In this relationship, we had sex the first day he came to visit, which was 2 months after we started flirting. (I assume it's sex we're talking about.) So basically we've been dating for 2 months before.

Sometimes I wonder if we should've waited a bit longer. Not because of me but he seems to have slowed down a bit after a frantic start. Or maybe that's how it would've been anyway.

My previous relationships (CD) were different, with one boyfriend it took us about 3 months, and with another it happened within the first week *blush* it just felt right, and the instinct was right as we stayed together for a year and a half after that.

I don't have a rule with these things, I just follow the instinct, sometimes it tells me to wait, and sometimes the right moment comes soon. I've never been taken advantage of.

Like any great relationship, it just gets better and better as the years roll on. - Steve Jobs

Comment

A gentleman doesn't kiss and tell

Comment

My SO worked some sort of crazy magic on me. We met and kissed in one night. And on our first official date, we slept together. I've never been that fast before!!!!

Comment

I took my time with him..drove him crazy...I slept with him on the anniversary on the night we met...a year later...:P
                " Love don't run....Love don't hide...Love don't turn away or back down from a fight.
                Baby I'm right here..and I and going anywhere"

Mitch and Stephanie July 14, 2011

Comment

I also assume its sex we're talking about. To me sex is not that important, I'm so focused on achieving my goals in my career and in self improvement that I hardly have the time to sleep well, let alone be horny for a guy. What I love about my SO is the emotional intimacy, which I will define as hugging and kissing. In that case it was about 1.5 months after we'd met. There has been no reason to re-discuss what will happen at the next visit yet as to intimacy, since the next visit is freakishly far away, but when that time comes I'm pretty sure his opinion will stay the same as mine. The boy won't wear a tank in public, and asked me to wait so he could put a shirt on before coming on webcam! XD I'm pretty sure that means we are of the same mind on the subject of sex.

Comment

It depends on your definition of intimate. Holding hands? Snuggling? Light kissing? French kissing? Making out? Sex? Plus, there's so many different factors to what you count as dates. My boyfriend and I have been together for almost 2 years now. Seems like an acceptable amount of time to have reached the point of 'intimate', no? But physically, we've only been together about 10 days, once when I visited him for a weekend and then about a month ago when he visited me for a week for my birthday. And I think many people would agree that being 'intimate' after only 10 days together is a bit too fast. So how do I answer? I talk to him almost every night, do those counts as dates? Or do they only count as dates when we go on webcam (which we don't do quite as often) and can see him? Or is it strictly when we're physically side by side?

Soooo...sorry, can't answer.

Comment

It's more a matter of how comfortable you are around your SO and not just a statistic, like "Ok, we'll have 5 dates first and if everything is going well, then hell yeah, we'll get intimate.". But even if there are persons who have this kind of...scheduling (can we call it so? lol), somehow in LDRs rules/habits/etc. don't work the same way. Considering you talk a LOT before meeting face to face, and you get to know each other very well, when you finally meet everything follows a smooth path.

Comment

You can't really answer this kind of question because theres no way to know. Its what feels right. When we talked before meeting we were saying we were going to take things real slow. But then when you finally see and are with your SO all that goes out the window. So it depends on your comfort level and what feels right, for us we were intimate right away lol
                        I love you Nathan <3
                        sigpic
                        5/25/09 <3

Comment

With us, we had known each other for 5 months, and been official for 2 months when we first met in person. We were intimate on the second day of the visit! I would have thought I would be too shy but then it happened, and was perfect. I didn't really expect it to happen so fast, but we were really comfortable together

Comment

heh.....we got intimate before our first date

Comment

Brandon and I went on 4 dates in 3 days, and then I went away 300 miles for a month. :P Then I came back, and we had sex for the first time...a month and a week into our relationship. I wouldn't change it for the world.

And just for the kiss, we had our first kiss on the first date. It was really cute. He walked me back to the front porch of my dorm, and then said good night and quickly leaned in for a kiss and then walked away fast. haha.

Comment

Working...
                              X