Ended

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ended

I never thought I'd be here posting this. Last week my SO and I broke up. It was me that did it =/

The main reason for me was the fact that I was 19, had been with him for almost 2 and a half years, and I was curious about other things. He's been so sure that I'm the one for him right now but I wasn't able to reciprocate those feelings--I had had my share of doubts in the relationship because of the distance and our futures. Anyway, my SO had had his fair share of experience of other women while he had been my first EVERYthing.

We did two years of long distance, most of the time seeing each other once a month at least, but it still wasn't enough for me. At times I felt like my needs weren't being met because I wanted someone more readily available but I stuck it out because I loved him and wanted to be with him. He's going to be living in my city for a semester or two before going back to school upstate... which is sadly hilarious as it's such ironic timing. I stood by him for the past 2+ years and I had started getting these curious feelings last year which I spoke to him about. We decided if they came up again we'd talk again. Last year was the first year I was living on campus at my college so I figured it was just a transition thing.

A part of me feels that this is what's best for me right now at least but another part cannot bear the guilt and sadness I feel. I didn't want to continue the relationship having these curious feelings because that would have been completely unfair to him. I'm still in love with him which makes it that much harder and he's still in love with me. Sometimes I start thinking about him and I'll randomly end up in tears. Yesterday we had our "goodbye" which was so heartbreaking for the both of us. I lost both my best friend and boyfriend and sometimes I just feel like my world is going to crash on me--and it's only been a couple days!

I've been going through the motions... I hate to bring sadness and pessimism to this forum but I just felt like I had to reach out. I feel like I've talked my friend's ears off already with my heartbreak :[

This sounds so sad, but I understand you saying that you're only 19 and having that feeling of wanting to try more things. I was with someone from the age of 15 to 17, and he was certain I was the one. But I hadn't experienced enough of life, so I ended it. It hurt so much. Only you know what is best for you.

Comment

Yes, it's so hard. I want to be sure of everything but right now I'm not.

With only a week into our breakup, I have reflected on our relationship and we've both said there would be things we would have changed. Not as in regrets, but I see it as, if we do end up back together, there would be changes in our relationship. I wasn't as honest as I should have been as I never told him about my sometimes feeling like my needs weren't met, etc. He wasn't the best and perfect boyfriend either. We were and still are flawed. But we love one another. A part of me wonders if I have to be strong enough to let him go despite loving him and another part wonders if I just need time to figure out my feelings and what I want.

I knew breakups were hard but this is just terrible.[COLOR="Silver"]

Comment

I think the best thing right now would be to let him go for the time being. I think you need time to figure out what you want and I also think in time, you need a chance to be single and date other people and figure out exactly what type of man it is you need.

Comment

Totally agree about just letting him go. I know it sounds cheesy, but if you love someone letting them go sometimes is the best. People experience life, and sometimes realize they were meant to be with someone, and by that time things are much better and the way they should have been from the beginning.

Comment

Honey I know it's hard right now, and of course you love him (there's a possibility you always will! I still love one of my ex's, at least a little). You are so strong to realize that this is what is necessary in your life right now. If you hadn't had let him go, you would always wonder "what if there was someone else out there for me?" It'll hurt right now, but every day it'll get better.

Comment

I know all of you are right but it's so hard to accept. I know, at least for right now, this is what's best. Morgan, that's what I didn't want... For us to last even longer and me one day wake up and just have these feelings hit me and by then we're even in deeper love. prideandpromise, thank you, this is so hard. Mara, thank you, I thought the same about being single--it was one of my reasons for the breakup. But already I'm questioning if other people are even worth losing him over and what we had. This is such a complicated situation.

Comment

Working...
              X