Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does your SO say they want to marry someone famous?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i wish she just said he was hot and not said that she wants to marry him haha, it makes me a bit jealous of that famous person... but i get it now(i htink), thankyou everyone.

Comment

For me it was a shock when my boyfriend commented on how hot other women were, notably celebs, mainly because none of my exes did that. And let's face it, guys usually don't talk about marriage, they talk about body parts etc. There is this one singer he's really into, he has a momentary brain freeze when he sees her pic. He was watching her concert and at one point while she was gyrating with dancers he tweeted, "I'd do almost anything to be the guy to go between her legs just there".*

I guess to a lot of people it would be nothing upsetting, and if I were clever enough and not as sensitive I could've turned it into banter. But when it appeared on my timeline I was utterly hurt. He went defensive saying it's only a celeb crush and it could never happen, but I didn't find that reassuring really.*

It was awhile ago, and it's not happened since but it stuck in my mind as the only time I was really hurt by him. I know guys throw around comments like that when they hang out, and honestly that doesn't bother me. But saying something like that in my presence or in a way he knows I'll see it is, well, disrespectful. I may be uptight but that's not what I was used to.

I can accept him not being like me and being attracted to other women. I'd just prefer it if he could keep it to himself and to his male company.

Like any great relationship, it just gets better and better as the years roll on. - Steve Jobs

Comment

I don't think there's anything wrong with it. My boyfriend is in love with Zooey Deschanel but unless he knows her in real life I wouldn't be worried.

Comment

Well, he doesn't say he wants to marry her but he always talks about boning Mila Kunis. So every time he talks about her and how hot she is I talk about Ryan Reynolds and how I'd like to lick melted chocolate off of his washboard abs. We each have our celebrity lays, which, basically means that if we ever had the chance to have sex with this one celebrity we could without it being cheating. His is Mila Kunis and mine is Ryan Reynolds. It's highly doubtful we will ever see these people let alone get the chance to bone them, it's all in good fun.

Comment

It's something that bothered me when I was with a particular ex. But he didn't respect me in a lot of ways, and commenting/comparing me to famous women was one way he used to make me feel inferior.

With my current SO -- not that he's ever done it -- it wouldn't bother me in the least. Despite all my raging insecurities, I know he loves me and finds me sexy and beautiful. I'm so comfortable in how he feels about me, I'd just take it as I'm sure he'd mean it: that some actresses are hot and fun to look at. Heck, I find some of them kinda hot too, hehe.

(And believe me, I know it isn't easy to reach this level of security for some people. I'm surprised I have.)

Comment

me and Denise say this often we have a few celeb crushes she wants to marry Mark Harmon i wanna marry Lea Michelle....its all in good fun not really serious

---------- Post added at 07:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:19 PM ----------

Originally posted by NickyDoll View Post
              Well, he doesn't say he wants to marry her but he always talks about boning Mila Kunis. So every time he talks about her and how hot she is I talk about Ryan Reynolds and how I'd like to lick melted chocolate off of his washboard abs. We each have our celebrity lays, which, basically means that if we ever had the chance to have sex with this one celebrity we could without it being cheating. His is Mila Kunis and mine is Ryan Reynolds. It's highly doubtful we will ever see these people let alone get the chance to bone them, it's all in good fun.

lol yeaaah me and Denise gave each other permission to do that, i gave her permission for Gerard Butler and she gave me permission for Lea Michelle....highly unlikely it will happen but its just all in good fun

Comment

My SO doesn't tell me that she would like to "marry" someone famous, but she "likes" a few of them. Mostly their characters. But they all look at the same, so I'm pretty sure that's one of her types! Skinny as hell, tomboyish, short dark hair - everything that I'm not.

Comment

My Italian BF likes Sandra Bullock for some inexplicable reason, and I am cuckoo about Willem Dafoe, who is even more inexplicable!

Comment

Originally posted by NaNi View Post
                    My SO doesn't tell me that she would like to "marry" someone famous, but she "likes" a few of them. Mostly their characters. But they all look at the same, so I'm pretty sure that's one of her types! Skinny as hell, tomboyish, short dark hair - everything that I'm not.
                    They do not look the same! :P

Comment

Working...
                    X