Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

hey yall thoughts and prayers needs PLZ :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hey yall thoughts and prayers needs PLZ :)

OK here my story about a month ago i went to my doc to get a refill of my medication and do routine blood work like normal for me. So my doc called me back and said my cholesterol was high (@ 20yrs old) Any way so she prescribed me simivatin which i have been on for a little over a month but on june 29th i went to see my doctor again because i was having minor panic and depression that i hadnt had to this extent before so she put me on Celexa ugh i hated the numb feeling and the reduced sex drive and inability to have a orgasm while i was on this medication so i stopped taking it about a week ago and i noticed the my depression and panic GOT WORSE so much worse to the point i was questioning my relationship with my boyfriend and i was having thoughts of leaving and thinking my family would be better off without me and extreme feelings of guilt so my dad asked me what other meds i was on i told him simivastin and he told me to research it and i found that in less then 1% of the people that take this medication severe depression can occur I was extremely thankful to know that i wasnt going crazy nor was i depressed. So i'm asking you guys to PLEASE pray i go back to normal like how i was before i started either one of those medications Ive stopped taking both medications now because its been a scary ride ive been on. Thanks so much and love you all -Kim <3

I'm so sorry to hear about that! I can sympathize with you on all that. One thing that can help with anxiety and depression and just feeling bad in general is eating well and exercising. Hope you feel better soon.

Comment

Good thing you've come to a point where you're sorting things out, now that you've found out what was wrong (the medication). Stay strong and may you feel better soon

Comment

Always read the info that comes with your prescriptions, most of them have the possibility of weird, seemingly unrelated side effects Good luck!
        Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

I read the general.side effects normal upset tummy headaches but I'm the person just found out cause I've been on 2 diff medications that will cause change n moods and emotions in less then 1% of people both were rare side effects called my pharmacist and he said he's seen it before and takes 5 days to become back to normal again wooo I pray I'm back to normal cause its scary to think ur falling out of love with someone you've been with for almost a year.... I know I love my bf with all my heart but I get these thoughts when I'm alone like idk just ugh. But when I talk to him everything becomes.fine again and normal.... and I still will have panic thoughts.... I just wanna be normal feeling again. I've been off the meds for 2 days praying I only have 3 to go

Comment

Awww...that sucks See if you can't keep yourself busy for the next three days, so you can distract your mind. Start a project even, if you can do anything crafty. This will sound kinda dumb, I know, but last year someone at work taught me how to crochet because I wanted to make my guy a present, and I'm the last person you'd ever think would crochet Anyway, one thing I didn't expect was that while doing it, my mind was totally blank and calm and it had a very Zen-like affect that I really liked. I tell you that only because maybe if you did something similar, possibly it could help you to settle your head a little and calm it down. Sometimes it's really hard to push those thoughts away, I understand, and I hope the next few days are easier on you.
            Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

You said talking to your SO helps. So just keep talking. Talk to your SO, your family, your friends, post here. Let others help carry you for the next few days until the meds work through your system. Keep reminding yourself the meds have clouded your thought processes and that others who love you will see things more clearly than you right now. And remember that people love you and care about you.

It will pass. You'll be OK.

*hugs*

Comment

I talked to my BF and he makes it better he's also an amazing song writer and when we first got together he wrote and kinda recorded a song for me i just keep it on replay it makes me feel better. and thanks so much for the support guys been a world win experience these past couple days... my BF has been so supportive and loving just want this to pass so i dont have the stupid doubt thoughts anymore sheesh! and i think in order not to have a crazy episode or just start crying and loosing it i's talk to a wall or some other object (i know sounds crazy but as long as im talking and not thinking im ok) Just hate that i have the feelings of not wanting to be with my BF well really i have thoughts of not wanting to be with anyone but needing someone there cause i dont wanna be alone

Comment

My prayers are with you.

Comment

thank you

Day 2- Feeling better still have episodes but i'm better then i was yesterday!

Comment

I hope the best for you. Nothing like this is fun! Just hang in there though. My SO has anxiety and juvenile diabetes so I know how frustrating it can get with any type of medication.

Comment

Meds take some time to level out in your system. When I started my birth control many years back I was a bit "off" as well. Just have patience.

BTW I'm on simvastiatin too, I have been for about 6 years or so (I'm 31 now)....stay away from anything Grapefruit! Good Luck!

Comment

Yea i was on Be Yaz a few months ago and it also had a 1% change of severe mood swings and depression and all that. So really any medication that has those little 1% change of mood changes and depression i cant take. My mom called my pharmacist yesterday cause i had a melt down in the middle of walmart :"( and the pharmacist said that he's personally seen what i'm going threw happen to another person and with simivastin he said there's a whole load of side effects that if it was him he wouldn't be prescribing anymore. So idk but todays been better i also starting taking the non hormone pills of my birth control and just been taking a pesmin PMS/PMDD medication to just help me chill for a while its been helping a lot. But goodness i wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy!

Comment

Day 4 feeling better think my PMDD is kicking in along with all the rest of this mess so just been a trip I wouldnt wish this on anyone doubting and the negative thoughts that POP into my head are horrible and i cannot wait til they disappear

Comment

Today is friday day 6 and God has helped me i feel normal again tired and worn out but i feel good! I can remember all the awsome times with my SO and believe them again and not have that doubt come into play! I will be more cautious from now on about what goes into my body and i will call the pharmacist and reasearch my self b4 taking any NEW medication. Because this little bit of crazy train thing ive been experencing was scary and made me my family and my LDR bf go crazy right along with me! and i can never thank them enough for being with me and helping me through this.... And also for all of you that prayed for me thank you so much and i'm so thankful to everyone on this site because it give everyone in a LDR smoe place to go and know that others know what your going threw and you have a friend to chat with that understands having the one ur in love with be far from you! peace love and God bless all of you!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X