Um... WHAT?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Um... WHAT?!

So, I have some good news and then a concern or two....

My SO was living in Florida for film school, then graduated film school and moved to New York City with a few friends to start a business. They're doing well, but the cost of living is a lot more expensive than Florida and then our hometown in Indiana. Today, out of NO WHERE, he started talking to me about how he doesn't feel fulfilled with what he's doing in NYC. He loves what he does, and loves meeting new people, but he feels like he should be doing more. He also thinks that there are too many filmmakers in NYC, and the supply/demand is really off, making it difficult to get jobs. Here's the kicker: he started talking about moving to a city near our hometown (where I currently live and go to school)! He ALWAYS used to talk about how he needed to live far away from home, and I have a year left of school but we haven't quite talked about what we were going to do. Our city, Evansville, is in the middle of four major cities: 2 hours from St. Louis, 3 hours from Indy, 2 hours from Louisville, and a little under 3 hours from Nashville, Tennessee. He told me that his career (and happiness) would be better if he chose to live in a bigger city near home. He's almost positive he's going to choose Nashville, and says he might move in 2 months. TWO MONTHS!!! IN TWO MONTHS, WE COULD BE LESS THAN 3 HOURS APART! WEEKEND VISITS INSTEAD OF PLANE TRIPS EVERY THREE MONTHS!!

That being said, I'm a little blind sided! I'm ecstatic, but a little... fearful?? What happens when he moves closer? Will this be 100% good for us, or is something else going to change in his head? He's known to change a lot, lol. He's a libra! :/ What if he changes his mind and decides not to move? I guess that doesn't change anything except that he teased me a bit with the idea, lol.

I think mostly I'm excited, just a little nervous He was home two weeks ago and I'm going to see him August 3-11th! Three weeks away! That'll be the shortest amount of time between visits we've ever had ^.^ It'll only be my second time ever going to NYC (he just moved there in April so I haven't been to visit yet, but I've vacationed there before)!! AHHHHH.

Okay, I just had to share! :x Anyone else get closer distance with their SO, while still staying long distance? How did it go?

Hey that's great news, congrats! I live in NYC (from here) and it is true the cost of living is REALLY high and can come as a shock when people relocate here from other areas. Things are a lot tougher here job wise (in every field) than a few years ago, so it's good your SO has already began thinking about better options careerwise. I also think NYC has a way of wearing down on people pretty quickly, the pace of life is just a lot tougher here. I'm sure you'll have a great time on your visit...be aware tho it will be CRAZY hot. Temps reached close to 100 degrees today and when you are surrounded by asphalt, cement and huge buildings it feels suffocating!

Comment

Working...
    X