Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

In need of help, ASAP - Military Boyfriend.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In need of help, ASAP - Military Boyfriend.

Too much information.

While I can't really ascertain what your boyfriend means, I have dated two guys in the army before, both ROTC, and I can tell you that trying to get in contact while they are in training, especially in the field, just sucks. I'm sorry you and your boyfriend keep missing each other, especially after a discussion like that :-( It's probably going to happen again, unfortunately. As far as pressure from superiors, my experience with the military is the opposite--they pressure men, especially officers, to find supportive partners and get married as fast as possible. I don't think you have to be concerned about that. I would just remember that he is adjusting to a new and stressful situation where he is away from everyone he loves--even ROTC can't completely prepare you for full-time army life. I know how much it sucks, but you just have to be patient until you hear from him. As you say, I sincerely doubt he would have completely changed his feelings about you in two days. When you talk to him, be as supportive as you can. Being a military girlfriend means having to go without affection and contact sometimes, even more than other LDRs. You can do it!

Comment

Even though it's not really fair to you, back off and give him space, let him be the one to make contact next. While I couldn't tell you what he wants, or if he's going to end it, I can tell you he is really confused about it and needs time to think. I think it's a kind of jerk move to keep telling you when he'll call, then he blows it off, but in this instance I'd try to let it go and just wait it out, if I were you. He didn't change how he felt in two days, he just has a lot going on and many changes in his life, and may need time to sort it all out. Good luck.
      Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

Don't bring up the ex...nobody wants to hear about that. This is a new experience for both of you. Just remember that he has a lot going on, physically, mentally, and emotionally. Try to be as supportive as you can until you can both find time to talk things out. I have a friend whose husband as been deployed on 3 one year tours. The first tour was extremely difficult because she didn't know the next time they would talk. Just be patient and stay positive...and try not to over analyze things too much.

Comment

Working...
        X