Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In between time

Hi all,
    Lately things with me and my SO havent been so great. When we first started being ldr about a month ago, he would call me every night. He was texting me constantly, and always wanting to get on the web cam with me. After he got a new job, working from 3 to midnight, we barely talk at all. Im lucky to get a few quick texts from him during his break. It has offically been two whole weeks since Ive heard his voice, and honestly im alittle afraid we are going to fall apart.
    I have been living without my dad for the past three years, and this has been a really hard thing for me. When my dad first went away, we talked constantly, but eventually it became an occassional phone call after sunday dinner with my family. My SO knows how much this has botherd me, but lately it seems like our relationship is turning into a smiliar situation with my dad. Im really afraid its going to become no contact, and soon after just be over with. I text him every morning saying good morning and every night before bed, but im almost never hearing back from him.
    Anyone else go through this? Is it just natural for things to slow down in a LDR? I really really am afraid, im just not going to want to try to talk to him anymore, and this feeling is killing me
    I lost you, I just hope not for forever :'(

My SO and me are a couple for almost six months now and we do have moments where aren't able to talk everyday, mostly because one or the other is too busy or wants a little bit down time. However, if that is the case we try to talk at least once a week, so we don't lose touch. To us, not communicating is not possible. I have heard of couples who don't communicate much at times though and still are going great, so I can't really say that it isn't normal for a relationship. If I were in your shoes, I'd tell my SO that the lack of communication is bothering me and that I am worried. If he still doesn't answer, how about contacting someone close to him, like a family member or a friend of his? In my mind going that route isn't really ideal, but that way you can find out what is going on.

Hope that helped a little bit!

Comment

Does he work every day? My SO works 15 hour days during the week, so we don't talk much during the week except for emails back and forth when he can get a chance. If he's not too tired when he gets home we Skype but usually he's falling asleep in front of me on the cam, haha. But on the weekends we really, really get to talk for hours at a time if we want, so that's when we do most of our Skyping / emailing and talking. I find it helps to schedule times to talk. It's hard dealing with the days in between tho, especially when you're not the busy one.

Comment

Have the two of you tried setting up a time where the two of you can talk or get on cam like maybe on his days off? I used to work a similar schedule to what he is working now and I'll tell you it's rough. I understand him not being able to communicate much on those days, but he could text you before work or email you after he gets off on those days if it's more convenient.

Comment

This last week has really been the hardest. He used to text me everymoring when he would wake up before work, but lately his hours have gotten longer and Im lucky to hear from him at all. Were trying to talk more on weekends, but like today I havent heard from him at all .
          I lost you, I just hope not for forever :'(

Comment

Working...
          X