Some updates from Berlin!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some updates from Berlin!

Hello LFAD community (or Hallo, as they say in Germany!)
    I have arrived in Berlin and now I have already spent 10 days living with my SO: so goooood! This is not exactly a closing the distance post, but at least we are together now, and we will for other 4 weeks!
    As some of you might remember, I was a bit scared of moving to a country where a language that I donīt know is spoken. I can tell you, German is very hard! At the moment, the pronunciation is the hardest part for me, and I am not studying the grammar yet!
    BUT... I had my first job interview!!! I know, it looks amazing, doesnīt it?!? Iīm so happy that I wanted to share with you this success. I donīt know if I will get the job, but I got a good feeling, and at least they wanted to meet me!
    The job would start in Spring, so I would have some months to really learn Germany (while being in my home country). Also, if I get the job, I could live here for a semester or so!!!
    So.... I hope this post give some optimism to all those people being worried or a bit depressed when they think of the idea of moving to another country, facing language problems, having to look for a new job... Itīs possible!

p.s. Please, cross your fingers for me till I wonīt be sure about the decision of the company I did the interview with!

good luck with everything!! I hope everything works out for the best

Comment

Best of luck, and I hope you hear back about the job soon!
      Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

So good to hear that someone's having a great time with their SO

Good Luck with the job and isn't it amazing we don't have to worry about visas and work permits anymore?

Być tam, zawsze tam, gdzie Ty.

Comment

Yeah, I love the EU (and hope Germany doesnīt decide to exit it!!!)

Comment

Good luck with everything. (^_^)
            I studied German for 7 years (Middle school & High School) and never really learned it. For me it's the grammar. But, only took me a year to speak Japanese without major problems. Weird.
            Well... once again. Good luck. Hope you get the job.

Comment

this is going to be off topic, but I'm a nerd so...
              milaya, it's all about motivation.
              Polish has a more difficult grammar than Russian and I still learnt it rather fast and never really considered it difficult or very complicated, whereas Russian... ugh. I see it and I theoretically know it's easy, but it just doesn't stay in my head.
              People asking if language xyz is harder or more difficult to learn that language abc are one of my pet peeves.
              (oh and btw I totally wanted to learn Danish and my department was supposed to offer it, but then they couldn't find a teacher and it fell through. I was so disappointed!)

Być tam, zawsze tam, gdzie Ty.

Comment

Good luck, Kiara, especially just now with the job.

Comment

Updates: I left Berlin after having contacted 11 companies, did 3 interviews and... got 2 jobs! Now I have to choose one and then in Spring I will be able to move to Germany to live with my SO for at least 4 months!!! Yuppieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Comment

Congratulations Kiara for being able to spend at least 4 months with you SO and for landing 2 job offers!!!
                    sigpic

Comment

Best of luck! I hope everything works out alright for you

Comment

Wow, that's very inspiring. It sounds like you're on a good path. Good luck with everything!

Comment

OMG Congrats
                          "taim i ngrá leat mo anam chara <3"

Kitten: -laces fingers together- our souls are one <3
                          Keith: -blushes and gazes at lovingly- forever and always <3

Comment

Working...
                          X