More Than Friends

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More Than Friends

Which is more important to you in your relationship: friendship or steamy passion with your SO?

both. cant have one without the other

Comment

Well, on one hand, when we get old we'd better be friends coz there wont be steamy passion anymore. On the other hand, in traditional manogomous relationships like mine I can't just go to a friend's house for some kinky fun times sooo... IMO you'd be stupid to settle for one or the other. I think they are more or less equal.
      Happily married to the little Canadian boy I never thought I'd meet in person

Comment

I'd say initially, the steamy passion was important for us, cause we kind of started out as fwb, lol. But now I find I take some of the passion for granted, because I'm so excited about how close we are
        So... both! Haha

Love will not betray you, dismay or enslave you, it will set you free

Met: Cork, Ireland - December 31, 2009 • Started Dating: Cork, Ireland - May 22, 2010 • Became LD: July 15, 2010 • My Move From Canada to UK: October 26, 2011
        Closed the distance June 18, 2012!

Comment

They're both important! My boyfriend and I were good friends for a semester in college before we got together and that has definitely helped us... Already knowing so much about each other made the transition to a romantic relationship very smooth for us. Steamy passion is also essential since otherwise, things just get boring! And without some kind of spark like that, your relationship would essentially just be a friendship...

Comment

I think they're both important but I feel like friendship is more so...I guess because I wouldn't have the same kind of trust if he wasn't my best friend. Of course I love a little romance and definitely could not live without that, he knows that for sure jaja. I guess I just really value his friendship with me as he is my confidante and my diary :P

Comment

can't choose one because both is important..

Comment

I think steamy passion is important however friendship would be best. My husband is truly my best friend..can't help he's irresistable too which adds the steamy passion :P
                " Love don't run....Love don't hide...Love don't turn away or back down from a fight.
                Baby I'm right here..and I and going anywhere"

Mitch and Stephanie July 14, 2011

Comment

Originally posted by rivi87 View Post
                  I think steamy passion is important however friendship would be best. My husband is truly my best friend..can't help he's irresistable too which adds the steamy passion :P
                  Agreed.

It's best for both to be present, in my opinion.
                  My heart belongs to a pilot!
                  ~*~
                  ~*~
                  [/center]

Comment

It's important to have both but friendship is most important because it'll be the bond that holds through out thick and thin, I mean if there wasn't friendship and partner was only around for the steamy passion if it died you'd be left with nothing. D:

Notes:
                    Met: 8.17.09
                    Started Dating: 8.20.09
                    First Met: 10.2.10
                    Closed the Distance: 8.9.14

Comment

Friendship first and foremost. You can't have a true relationship if you can't talk or communicate.
                      However, a blooming friendship creates other feelings that leads passion.
                      All in all: 60% friend, %40 love

Comment

In a relationship you need both. With just friendship it's not a relationship anymore and with just steamy passion it's only a physical thing.

Comment

Absolutely, BOTH
                          Ann

Comment

I need both. Thankfully, I've found that in my SO.

Comment

You need both, absolutely. But the question is, which is more important? For me, I'd have to say friendship. We were best friends for a couple of years before we became passionate, and that built the foundation of trust and love we have today. Without that, I doubt I'd ever have opened myself up for the passion. And as much as I desire him, as good as we can make each other feel, I treasure his friendship. Passion comes and goes, but when I'm sick or down, or when I have good news I want to share, or when he makes me laugh, it's the friendship I always come back to.

Not to say we don't have passion! We do! But without the friendship, it wouldn't be as hot as it is.

Comment

Working...
                              X