Bleh.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bleh.

Don't you hate that extreme bummed out feeling you get when your SO leaves? Ryan left today, and we had to say goodbye to each other while everyone else was saying goodbye to him as well. It created quite a bit of awkwardness (for me, at least.), and made it so it was just a little off. It was just a pretty sucky deal. =/ Anyone have any tips on how to not be so bummed out?

no tips here because i know the feel the same when she comes over and then has to leave. your gonna feel bummed, thats the love of your life thats leaving for now

Comment

Not really sure... I always feel really sad and down when we say goodbye. I've learned to cope better by reminding myself of how great it was to see him and focusing on the good memories. Know the feeling won't last forever!

Comment

Idk I'm always real down at least that first day. Its just the process. I do try to think about all the good times we had and try to think about what we will do during the next visit! Not that it gets too much easier but you sort of learn to cope with it better as time goes on. **HUGS** It will get better!

Comment

Thanks guys. :] I've been trying to think about the best moments of this trip. It's interesting because they make me smile like crazy, but cry at the same time, hah.

Comment

For us, we trade books, letters, and other random crap that will keep us distracted. It kind of just helps us ride out the bummed out feeling. We've done this crap so many times in such a short period of time though it doesn't take much to just get past it quickly. It always sucks, but not so much anymore. Besides, I get to see him again soon (even though I was there just this Friday xD) so yay :'D!

Anyway, just keep distracted. Books are a Godsend! At least for us :P.

Comment

I was sad when my boyfriend had to go home, but I just keep thinking about the best moments of his visit and how awesome his next visit will be.

Comment

It really sucks that you didn't get to say good-bye alone but with everyone there. I think the best thing to get through those difficult first days is to look ahead and plan the next visit.

Comment

Originally posted by Caitlin2009 View Post
                  no tips here because i know the feel the same when she comes over and then has to leave. your gonna feel bummed, thats the love of your life thats leaving for now
                  I thought you guys hadn't met yet?

Comment

Originally posted by garnet View Post
                    I thought you guys hadn't met yet?
                    we havent lol but i know we'll feel that way when the time comes

Comment

What I really want to do is start a scrapbook or photo album of the two of us. But every time he comes here, I always forget to take them and he never mentions them because he hates pictures. n_n; Buttttt. The next time he'll be here will be for my prom. Which means LOTS of pictures must be taken.

Comment

I always take lots of pictures. I once forgot about it for a couple of days and asked why didn't remind me. He said, "you're a girl, pictures are your job!" lol That's really awesome that he'll be there for prom. How sweet!!!

Comment

Haha, I wish I could remember. Maybe I'll have to sticky note my room or something next time. :] And yeah, I'm super excited for prom. I have to go tux shopping with his mom though. O_O;

Comment

It really is hard... Especially trying not to cry. If other people weren't around I would've been balling.

Comment

Hah, yeah. It was awful, because all of us were outside standing around by the cars. Then his sister reminded me that I had forgotten some stuff inside, and pretty much the second I stepped inside I was crying pretty hard. Noiselessly though. I don't know why, but I rarely ever make sounds when I cry. Anyway, apparently Ryan had came in a little after I did, and was there when I turned around. He just kinda looked at me and opened his arms for me. But about twenty seconds later we heard his dad telling us to hurry up. :/ Epic fail.

Comment

Working...
                              X