Does your SO have children?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does your SO have children?

I know whenever you add a child into the mix it changes everything, but my SO has a 5 year old son that he completely adores! (& Im sure I will too whenever I meet him!) But, I was just curious has anyone been in the same situation and if so, how did meeting their children go for you? Did it make your LDR any harder?

I've not yet met his kids, though I'm looking forward to it as they sound like awesome, unique children. I have a son of my own, and he's met and adores my SO (though I've not yet told him the nature of our relationship; my son thinks we're just friends).

I don't mind that he has kids -- actually I like it because he understands what it means to be a parent. The only issue we have with the children is closing the distance. We live in different countries, and for right now, neither of us can move because of our children.

Comment

I've not yet met his kids, though I'm looking forward to it as they sound like awesome, unique children. I have a son of my own, and he's met and adores my SO (though I've not yet told him the nature of our relationship; my son thinks we're just friends).

I don't mind that he has kids -- actually I like it because he understands what it means to be a parent. The only issue we have with the children is closing the distance. We live in different countries, and for right now, neither of us can move because of our children.

Comment

I have children, my SO other does not. It has definitely slowed down the progression of our relationship. Neither of us wanted to force anything on my kids. We wanted to take it slow and get the kids used to him as my friend and then more. My kids absolutely adore him and he feels the same way. It may have taken longer but I'm glad we didn't just jump into and make my kids deal with things they weren't ready for. We have done a ton of visits and are finally closing the distance in a week and my kids couldn't be happier about it.
        ♥Started talking online around: 10.31.09
        Started getting serious on: 2.14.10
        Met in person for the first time: 10.11.10
        Closed the distance on 7.29.11 ♥

Comment

Originally posted by 7hours View Post
          I have children, my SO other does not. It has definitely slowed down the progression of our relationship. Neither of us wanted to force anything on my kids. We wanted to take it slow and get the kids used to him as my friend and then more. My kids absolutely adore him and he feels the same way. It may have taken longer but I'm glad we didn't just jump into and make my kids deal with things they weren't ready for. We have done a ton of visits and are finally closing the distance in a week and my kids couldn't be happier about it.
          Congrats on closing the distance and I hope everything works out for you guys! I know its going to be so exciting!

Comment

Working...
          X