No announcement yet.

Whats cheating?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the movie was called "you've got mail" with tom hanks in it. I sort of watched it but not fully. Just in the beggining she is talking to him online at the same time she is with someone. Im not sure my opinion on whats to much. For me i personally don't talk to the opposite sex online much, i do here and there but very rarely. Its dif with my SO, and so i don't ask about it. /he's open with me and lets me know so thats good enough. I think if i asked and found out that he shares personal or emotional feelings it would make me worry and jump to conclusions so i rather not know now lol (this was a huge problem for me the first few weeks he was here)
    but yeah after reading all this i do think there can be emotional cheating.
    I love you Nathan <3
    sigpic
    5/25/09 <3

Comment

i just downloaded this oldskool movie about a month ago . i should go watch it now lol

so weird.

but anyways,

cool story

Comment

I have a weird relationship >~>
        but, considering we only got to know each ther online, and online is OUR playground, getting into a thing with someone else via the web would deeply upset me. It would undermine our relationship at a fundamental level, you know? Like, honestly it would hurt more than if he was physically with someone, because then his feelings for the other person would render the ones for me trivial.
        Buuut, cheating is a lot like sexual harassment in what is "too far" being decided by the one offended. So, depending on their relationship, you'll get different answers on what is wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by kiara_silver View Post
          the movie was called "you've got mail" with tom hanks in it. I sort of watched it but not fully. Just in the beggining she is talking to him online at the same time she is with someone.
          I actually like this movie because I think it's quite a cute romantic one, although come to think of it, it does kinda promote having an online fling while at the same in a relationship with someone in real life. Not that positive

Comment

Originally posted by bluishskin View Post
            I actually like this movie because I think it's quite a cute romantic one, although come to think of it, it does kinda promote having an online fling while at the same in a relationship with someone in real life. Not that positive
            Ah yeah, it does seem to! Although, if you think about it, when that movie was made, having the internet in homes was still pretty new, so maybe emotional affairs of the internet sort weren't quite so common? I dunno haha. I want to redeem it in my mind, I do love that movie!

Love will not betray you, dismay or enslave you, it will set you free

Met: Cork, Ireland - December 31, 2009 • Started Dating: Cork, Ireland - May 22, 2010 • Became LD: July 15, 2010 • My Move From Canada to UK: October 26, 2011
            Closed the distance June 18, 2012!

Comment

your defiantly gonna get different answers but for me and Denise cheating would be having sex of any kind, french kissing, cyber sex with anybody but your SO is cheating. Flirting, hugging and a peck on the lips or cheek is not cheating in our books

Comment

Originally posted by kteire View Post
                Ah yeah, it does seem to! Although, if you think about it, when that movie was made, having the internet in homes was still pretty new, so maybe emotional affairs of the internet sort weren't quite so common? I dunno haha. I want to redeem it in my mind, I do love that movie!
                That is true! Another thing, that movie has great soundtracks. I love them all, particularly those by Harry Nilsson.

Comment

I'm going to have to rewatch this movie. I don't remember Meg Ryan's character being married at all or there being any cheating aspect to the movie. I haven't seen it since it came out originally though, so yeeeeah..it's been awhile. I do remember it was a good movie though.
                  ♥Started talking online around: 10.31.09
                  Started getting serious on: 2.14.10
                  Met in person for the first time: 10.11.10
                  Closed the distance on 7.29.11 ♥

Comment

there was no marriage, we werent paying attention, just was watching and was asking who the guy with her was and Nathan said he thought they were married cause they were sharing the same bed, but they weren't. they were just seeing eachother. This was going on while she was chatting online
                    I love you Nathan <3
                    sigpic
                    5/25/09 <3

Comment

I've an online friend I've been exchanging emails with for a long time, much longer than I know my boyfriend. We've never met in person but we both suffered from depression and met online on a support forum. We don't email regularly and don't consider each other close friends, but I guess we do confide in one another.

Next month I'm going to be in his city for a few days for business, and he suggested we meet up. There has never been any flirting between us at all, and I know his social anxiety makes him excruciatingly girl-shy so he wouldn't even be ready to see me if he thought of me in that way. But I still didn't feel comfortable to accept it, even though my boyfriend probably wouldn't mind. It may or may not even be emotional cheating, but meeting up would add another dimension to our communication, and I just don't want to upgrade a friendship with another guy in any way.

Like any great relationship, it just gets better and better as the years roll on. - Steve Jobs

Comment

Originally posted by kiara_silver View Post
                        there was no marriage, we werent paying attention, just was watching and was asking who the guy with her was and Nathan said he thought they were married cause they were sharing the same bed, but they weren't. they were just seeing eachother. This was going on while she was chatting online
                        Well at least my memory isn't going. I was worried there for a minute. LOL
                        ♥Started talking online around: 10.31.09
                        Started getting serious on: 2.14.10
                        Met in person for the first time: 10.11.10
                        Closed the distance on 7.29.11 ♥

Comment

Working...
                        X