I have him with me for another 35 days

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have him with me for another 35 days

And I can't do anything but think about that 36th day. I do this every time I know we'll be separating. We've done it alot with short time frames our longest being three weeks. This is the first time we're looking at actual true undefined time of separation. Every time before we separate I just get clingy and we both HATE it when I'm like this. He does the same thing in his own way, he distances himself, which we think is what makes me clingy. We've spent some time discussing this. The last time he distanced himself from me--well it just wasn't good at all, we've made it past what happened but at the same time I haven't fully forgotten what happened--and that memory is now making me doubly crazy and clingy.

But I just want to enjoy the time I have left with him to the fullest. How can I get that stupid 36th day out of my mind at least until the 34th or 35th day comes?
    ". . . We obviously have to come to accept it, but that doesn't stop it from gnawing at us day by day.
    The best we can do is enjoy our time together, anticipate our reunions, and remain passionate and loyal through distance." ~Mike <3

~*~11.21.2010~*~

Like you said you need to enjoy the time you have with him don't dwell on him leaving cause it will stop you from having fun. When you find yourself thinking about it just think about something else. Have fun now, he's with you! If you keep focusing on him leaving your whole relationship will suck. Hes there your sad cause hes going to leave, Hes gone your sad cause he isn't there. Thats not how it should be.

Comment

You need to focus on the day you are in. Allow yourself to think about the next day and maybe the day after, but you aren't doing yourself any good dwelling on the day he will leave you. Put it out of your mind, that day will come, and you will have to deal with it then. Trying to deal with it before hand or dwelling on it is only going to cause you unnecessary sadness. Focus on the time the two of you have together. Focus on the things you want to do with him and say to him. Focus on the good things.

Comment

Have been trying my best to do all of that. It's working.

We had a long-ish heart to heart last night. It was really good.
        ". . . We obviously have to come to accept it, but that doesn't stop it from gnawing at us day by day.
        The best we can do is enjoy our time together, anticipate our reunions, and remain passionate and loyal through distance." ~Mike <3

~*~11.21.2010~*~

Comment

Working...
        X