Long Distance VS. High School Relationship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Long Distance VS. High School Relationship

Which is more intended to last longer, a long distance relationship or a High School romance?

It depends on the people involved. Some High School romances last a life time...but that's unusual.

Long Distance Relationships take a depth of trust and fortitude that make them harder, but stronger in the end.

Comment

That's not really a question thats exactly answerable... there's not exactly any comprehensive surveys done or anything.

Comment

It's more of what people think, people have their own opinion about it.

Comment

LDR in my opinion, because generally there is a deeper meaning and more emotion into it.. otherwise why would you put yourelf through the pain of it? the foundations are generally stronger in long distance, for example getting to know a person mentally without the physical aspect ect.... the term high school romance also suggests it being less serious... romances end, but reletionships and love doesnt end so easily.

Comment

I believe an LDR would win this one. Just my opinion though

Comment

I would say LDR too usually high school romances are more crushes i havent really seen many of those work out well....

Comment

LDR would last longer since it asks for a lot more in the beginning and during the time the partners are separated. a high school romance like others have said before is more like a crush.
                "Distance between two hearts is not an obstacle...rather a beautiful reminder of just how strong true love can be." ~ Anonymous
                "Since love grows within you, so beauty grows. For love is the beauty of the soul." ~ St. Augustine
                "True love is rare, so when you find it don't let it go just because of a barrier you can't cross". ~ Ray H Wall

Chris and Megan - November 3rd 2009- (Break from June 15- )July 18th 2011.

Comment

My parents got together when they were 17 ... and some 27 years later they are still together, and now in an LDR .. :/ So I'd say they are pretty much equal. I know quite a few people now who have been together since 16, 17 and still together (most in LDR coz of unis) 3 or 4 years later. Just depends on the situation I guess.

Comment

it depends on the people. I dont really know anybody who has stayed together with there high school sweetheart, i know me and my ex were and were not together now. I think long distance last more often because ive seen people do long distance for 5 years or more and they get married and stay married.

Comment

hmm, well my relationship is both =P

I think that high school relationships are less likely to last as long because people in LDRs are generally more committed to eachother than high school kids.

Comment

i'm in high school with my boyfriend. if we were old enough we'd get married right now and start a family. i'm heading off to college in august and that's why i'm on this site. i think there are some like us that are truly committed and in for the long haul. i've always been looking for someone to share my whole life with. as stupid as it sounds i'm pretty damn sure i've found it. maybe it's foolish to think we're the exception but call me a fool because i do. but as i look around my school i'm astounded by how shallowly and immaturely people go about relationships. it's really hard to generalize.

Comment

IMO Long Distance....

I know people who were "high school sweethearts" and are happily married, but I think it's usually just a high school romance. You change so much and learn so much about yourself during the following years after high school. While two people may work perfectly fine in high school, with so many changes, they often go down their different paths. Not every time, there are plenty of "high school sweethearts" still happily married after many years.....but I think generally.

Long distance relationships on the other hand.... To even consider LD, to even think that your relationship may withstand the distance I think it's already based on a pretty strong foundation of trust and love. Through the LDR you also usually develop great communication skills....I think it's one of the essential parts of having a lasting relationship.

Comment

I dunno. Relationships don't exist in my school really. I mean, there are a few, but I for one could never experience something like that. I found my SO online in sophmore year, and we've been together for almost three years. So, in my opinion, LDR. I wish, however, that I could have had a throwaway experience in high school before him. I'm always nervous because this is my first romantic experience of any kind.

Comment

I am in a long distance relationship with my high school sweetheart and we are in this crazy world together for life! A lot of people put down high school romances and say they never last but that is just honestly not true; in fact, enduring high school and the transition to the "real world"(why we are in a LDR now) and growing up together has made us stronger than ever. I do not believe that there is really any correlation between how long a relationship lasts and where or how you met. Where or how you met your soul mate just happens to be where you met them

Comment

Working...
                              X