Night Out At The Movies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Night Out At The Movies

What Kind of movie is perfect for a first date?
    Romantic
    3.57%
    Action
    10.71%
    Thriller
    3.57%
    Comedy
    78.57%
    Drama
    3.57%

The poll is expired.

I think comedy is perfect (depending on the type of comedy I guess), because I think laughter is so important and a sense of humor is one of the best traits (IMO).
    Why do you wait for me?
    How do you wait for me?
    I'm lost and alone without you here in my arms.
    I'm lost and alone without you here by my side.
    Here's a song for you, lovely
    Remember that it's for you only, for you only.
    My heart is caught in a landslide
    And it beats for you only, for you only.

-"My Lovely" by Eisley

Comment

probably comedy, just because it would lighten the mood.

Comment

I voted for comedy, but action would be good too.

Comment

Comedy!

"If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day so I never have to live without you.”
          - A. A. Milne

Comment

Haha, interesting since the one thing I was going to say was NOT comedy. A lot of comedies nowadays for adults rely on some pretty raunchy scenes (maybe not throughout the entire movie but they will be in there) for their humor, and I know on a very first date this turns into a rather uncomfortable situation. I would likely choose an action flick. Anyway, our first movie together wasn't any of these-we went and saw a children's movie since it was the only one playing that early in the morning! Not that I mind since we ended up being literally the only two people in that theater room

Comment

I went with comedy, but I think the first date movie is way overrated! I think coffee, dinner, or a walk in the park is a little nicer, since you actually get to talk and get to know each other a little. You can't talk at the movies. Just my 2 cents though.
              Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

We didn't go to the movies on our first date, but the first movie we did see was a comedy. So i would vote comedy because it was nice to laugh together.
                I love you Nathan <3
                sigpic
                5/25/09 <3

Comment

I agree with Rosebud about comedies - they can be pretty raunchy, leading to some slight awkwardness on occasion!! I know my SO and I used to get a bit awkward about that when we started dating CD. And like, neither of us have anything against raunchy jokes, it's just something about the situation that makes it feel weird haha.
                  I voted for action! I think there's nothing like a fast-paced action movie to keep both of you entertained and have you feeling energised and pumped up afterwards!!

Love will not betray you, dismay or enslave you, it will set you free

Met: Cork, Ireland - December 31, 2009 • Started Dating: Cork, Ireland - May 22, 2010 • Became LD: July 15, 2010 • My Move From Canada to UK: October 26, 2011
                  Closed the distance June 18, 2012!

Comment

I voted comedy as getting a good laugh on the first date is important, although my first date with my ex we went and saw Pirates of the Caribbean 2 it was great

Treasuretrooper <-- how I helped pay for some of my LDR expenses when I was in one.

Comment

An action movie with some romance in the plot. That way it has guy stuff and chick stuff in it.

Comment

defiantly a comedy!

Comment

I had a hard time picking between action and comedy but eventually went with comedy, but for the first movie you watch together, not for a first date.

Comment

Well, if you stick to the "standard" first date with a snack and a movie, then Comedy xD You don't shove in each other's face a Romance (it might make things awkward at a fist date) and it is more likely that both persons enjoy the movie if it's a comedy - who doesn't enjoy a good laugh? lol.

Comment

I'll go for comedy so we both could enjoy it.
                              "Love wins everything especially fear."

Comment

Working...
                              X