No announcement yet.

Dating Goals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I haven't been talking to my SO too long, but we both want to re-marry (we have both been married before) and have children and start a family.

Comment

Marriage<3
      sigpic
      We've been together since 10.11.10

First Visit-7.13.11
      Second Visit-12.17.11
      Closed the distance-06.20.12

Comment

wow, so many marriage minded folks here...even the younger ones. I have to say I'm a lil surprised...when I was a teen I never thought about marrage. It wasn't until I met my SO at the age of 31 that I really seriously gave it consideration. Such a big step.

Comment

For now, our goal is love and companionship. If we still love each other nuts by the time we're already a year and a half together, then we might want to consider moving and marriage. After all marriage and moving to a place far away are such big steps. Makes me think of that grain of wisdom: Marry in haste, repent at leisure....

Comment

I want to spend the rest of my life with my SO. I don't care if we marry or not, I just want to be with her. Close distance. Always.

Comment

Marriage - it never was important to me, even when I was engaged to my ex - but I want marriage for us.

Comment

but my bf and I have discussed marriage but no definite plans yet.

Comment

It's always been marriage for me. The ultimate goal. Even in high school when I would have crushes and whatnot, I always thought it was really silly of people who wanted to date just for the fun of it or already knew they would break up by graduation. I know those experiences are good for some people and they wanted it, but I always felt it would just be a waste of my time. I wanted to find someone I would marry and that has never changed. While this wasn't something I told my boyfriend from the beginning, it was something I did eventually divulge to him as being one of my most important goals and he understood. Children and whatnot really aren't a big deal for me though as I'd go so far to say that I don't really want kids at all. That may (very big may) change in the future, but for right now it's the wedding day and those vows I have my sights set on.

Comment

Originally posted by Rosebud View Post
                    It's always been marriage for me. The ultimate goal. Even in high school when I would have crushes and whatnot, I always thought it was really silly of people who wanted to date just for the fun of it or already knew they would break up by graduation. I know those experiences are good for some people and they wanted it, but I always felt it would just be a waste of my time.
                    Word.

My ultimate goal was always dating with the intent to marry. I'd never date long-term (more than, say, a few times to find out) someone I had no intention of ever marrying or if I had a good hunch the relationship was going nowhere. For me, it would feel like a waste of my time and his, and I don't like to mess around with emotions.
                    My heart belongs to a pilot!
                    ~*~
                    ~*~
                    [/center]

Comment

I pretty much echo most of the rest. Close the distance, marriage. I'd be happy right now to be able to spend the 6 months he's in the US with him, but he still all the way on the other side of the continent. We shall see.

Comment

I would love for my LDR to end in marriage and possibly a lil family

Comment

Living together....Marriage(?)...Kids...the whole shebang...I wouldn't be putting this much effort in a something I would consider just a fling...
                          sigpic
                          Not to get clever
                          but with you I see forever
                          But whatever it is,
                          Here's to you,
                          I Love You Kid...

Comment

I graduate in December 2012, from there we're gonna finish up the visa process (which we will start before I graduate), then get married, have children etc.

I wouldn't choose an LDR knowing I'd want to end as just friends. It's too hard for a short term relationship.

First Met Online: October 2010
                            First Confessed Feelings: December 21, 2011
                            Became a "Couple": January 7, 2012
                            First Meeting: March 9-14, 2012
                            Second Meeting: July 16-31, 2012
                            Closed the Distance: May 30, 2013
                            Engaged!: June 1, 2013
                            Picking out wedding dates now!

Comment

Working...
                            X