question...LDR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

question...LDR

Hi, I'm fairly new to this site. Loving it lots. My question is does anyone have a s/o in Uk? I live in Canada and havent met my s/o yet. I want to go to live in England. Does anyone know what I have to do in order to do that? I went to the border crossing site but i dont understand most of it.
    I'd be interested in becoming a penpal sort of thing with anyone in the same situation.
    Take care and good luck to everyone,
    dacatsgrl

I'm Canadian and my So is English. I got a youth mobility visa which is good for two years in the uk to work. https://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/w...obilityscheme/

Comment

Here!
      That site is very handy. My SO's from Ireland but will be moving to the UK shortly, and we hope to live either there or in Canada long-term. I'm initially going over on the Tier 5 Youth Mobility Scheme visa - if you're between 18-30, it's incredibly easy to get, and allows you to stay for 2 years. And in the long term I'll be looking to apply for EEA Unmarried/Commonlaw partner family permit.

Love will not betray you, dismay or enslave you, it will set you free

Met: Cork, Ireland - December 31, 2009 • Started Dating: Cork, Ireland - May 22, 2010 • Became LD: July 15, 2010 • My Move From Canada to UK: October 26, 2011
      Closed the distance June 18, 2012!

Comment

I forgot to mention that I'm not a youth...lol. I'm 55 years old and he is 52

Comment

Not much options then, you'd have to marry him or become common law. But as far as I know to get a common law visa you have to prove you have been living together for two years. Might be easier for him to come to Canada.

Comment

I'm American and my SO is British. How about going over there for the 6 months allowed without a visa (or less time if you're not comfortable staying the whole time on your first visit). You can try to get the fiance visa or spousal visa. However, you would have to met at least once before you can get the fiance visa (and you have to get married withing 6 months and then get a spousal visa and pay the same fee again so the spousal visa would be the best bet).
            sigpic

Comment

Working...
            X