I never thought...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I never thought...

That I would be someone asking for help here haha. Anyhow, this is a long way off, although it shouldn't seem so now that it's been almost a year and a half. My mum doesn't want to pay for me to go to Philly, but is happy to pay for him to come here, Brissy. There is a lot of contradictions to this story I won't bother with, but my question is, how do I go about the process of buying someone a ticket from here, for over there. Like, pay for his ticket here, how does it work? What do I need to know and stuff. I guess mostly what I am confused of, is how he will be able to get his ticket after its paid for, because here when my ex and I went (his mum in america paid, she's aussie married american like I want to), we just picked our tickets up at the travel agency. Is it the same thing for there and what travel agencies would I be looking at? @.@ Sorry for the influx of questions, I'm just highly confused haha.

If your mum has a credit card then you can try buying the ticket online. I'm not sure what flight people use to go from Philly to Brisbane, but there are these online ticketing service available in the internet. You just need to register, fill in the details like name, address, etc...and at the end you will have this electronic ticket sent to your email (or your SO's) that you can print out.

Comment

Thanks very muchly for that I'll have a look around. And yeah, she has plenty.

Comment

Agree with that one...Other way to do is transfer the money for flight ticket to her bank account--but have to wait several days for international bank transfer i think. Another way is to go to travel agents and book a flight ticket for her, you should know her details first like passport number etc and ask the travel agents to sent the e-ticket to her email so she could print that out.
        Problem sometimes with the ticket that bought with CC (credit cards) sometimes they will ask the CC at the check in counter--some airlines require the person who pay also traveling. But of course this is not for all airlines. You should check the regulations for this with the airlines that you want her to fly with.

Comment

Your mom can purchase the ticket online. It it's purchased online, then once she gets the email confirmation you can forward it to him. My SO purchased my ticket online and all he needed was my name (as it appears on my passport). You might need his passport number. Also, as he's in Philly he would need to get a domestic flight to Cali and then the international flight from there.
          sigpic

Comment

Is Philly Philadelphia? If I'm not mistaken there is a flight to go to Brisbane. Check out different airlines offers and see which one fits him best, financially also.

Comment

Thanks for more information, it does make more sense to me now. I know about the stops that he would have to go to, because I was looking at the same trip for myself. And no, there are none that go straight to Philly (yes Philadelphia). They all cut through at least one place, generally either LA, NY, Boston or New Zealand (possibly Sydney/Melbourne). It sounds like its fairly the same as just buying a domestic flight here for someone. Now I'm not so nervous.

Comment

Working...
              X