Need some advice....:'(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need some advice....:'(

Well basically, the long and short of my problem is the fact that my boyfriend is gonna be starting school again in about a week's time and I live 5100 miles away from him, so the time difference is around 8 hours I'm worried for him because he took a year out of school so that his mum could home educate him and I'm not sure how he'll be once he starts school again.... a year is kinda enough time for him to get out of the old school routine and he said himself he's worried about it and not sure how he'll be once he gets there, even though some of his old school friends will be there. I'm also afraid that because of the awkwardness of our time zones that we won't be able to talk much, especially since on the 1st of September I'll be going to university....I'm afraid I won't be able to see him much, and the idea of being away from him for any extended amount of time really bothers me. I hate not being able to talk to him, it really gets me down...even now when he's away for too long I start to get upset....I'm gonna be studying Nursing at uni, which is a particularly difficult and demanding course not to mention time consuming, and his school schedule is pretty heavy, so that further restricts us. The thing is, due to the fact that he was off school for a whole year, it gave us the time we needed to strengthen our bonds and become as close as we are today, and it's gonna be such a shock to the system when all of a sudden we go to school/uni. Another problem is the fact that we have to keep our relationship mainly a secret, since our parents don't approve, and it just complicates it even more for us ...I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice about what to do and if there was anything I could do to help
    Anything would be of help....because I feel so stuck and down atm

Every change we make in our lives or any change which interferes on our path at a certain point in time causes these feelings of uncertainty, confusion and frustration. Just stay strong, it might be difficult in the beginning of the school/uni year for both you and your SO, but once things will settle down and you'll both get in the rhythm of your new routine, it won't seem all so bad anymore and you'll find a way around the time difference, too (so that you can keep in touch, chat, call etc.). I can't give you any other better piece of advice at the moment, just have hope and strength

Comment

Even if you can't skype regularly, make sure you send each other emails when you can. Sometimes a nice email is just as good. Don't worry about him not being able to get back in to the groove of school. It took me 6 years to go back after high school. Its a big of an adjustment at first but you get back in to it quite quickly.

Comment

thanks guys...it helped a bit ..we just needa work out a routine I guess and things will be alright

Comment

Working...
        X