Date Ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Date Ideas

Okay, so as some of you may know I'm going to see my SO very soon [5 days!]. I'm very excited to see him, but the thing is..I have no idea what we should do. My SO and I pretty much always do the same things on dates; go to the movies, go out to eat, make dinner together, or go to the park.

I would really like for us to do something different especially since we haven't seen each other in almost four months, but..I've got nothing.

So I guess I'm wondering what exactly you and your SO actually do on dates in person? Have you guys ever taken a day trip with your SO when your SO comes to visit or when you go to visit them? There are some things we could do about two hours-two and a half away [the beach, larger city with museums, etc etc], but I didn't know if that would be kind of a drag to do all that driving. :P

Car time is awesome when it's just two people in love. Or at least I think so! So I'd make the trip. Here's a random list of some things we've done for dates:
    Picnic dinner consisting soley of fruits & reading aloud to each other. (We're boring and corny we know)
    Indoor rock climbing
    Horseback riding
    Cycling (exercise helps the libido >.>)
    5 or 10 pin bowling (It goes really fast with just two people though)
    Go to the driving range and hit 100 little white balls.
    Go to a resturant where you don't understand what is on the menu and order randomly.
    Community events, fireworks displays, arts-in-the-park etc.
    Drive around randomly looking for seculded spots for adult fun.
    Tourist stuff.
    Build sandcastles at the beach. Go swimming fully clothed.
    Go fishing.
    Go for a hike.
    Make a home date - dress up, cook a nice meal, whip out some candles, flowers and music, dance in your living room.

That's all I can remember right now
    Happily married to the little Canadian boy I never thought I'd meet in person

Comment

Me and my SO tried planning things ahead of time, I made a list of everything we could do in my area that we both would find fun. We went through the list and crossed out ones that would take a long road trip there (we wouldn't mind driving we just wanted to cram in as much as we could and driving to some places would take a few hours out of our time together)

At the time, our State Fair was in town, so I obviously had something nice to take him to. We also went bowling, which Zephii mentioned is short with 2 people, but that provides you time to do something after, we went to the movies. And if you have any local tourist place in your town, it might be nice to go there, we went downtown to Old Town which is like a western styled shopping area, it was very cute and fun.

Then after the days of fun, we spent our nights watching movies and cuddling at home, which are really nice! So if you don't feel in the mood to go out, stay home with him, have a nice dinner, watch a movie, or do other activites.

As for your two hour trip, sounds like what we were planning, the beach and a theme park were about 2 hours away from us. We didn't want to spend that time in a car, let alone in a car with my parents driving (because they probably would want to go. xD) but we just took into account we only had about 3 days together and wanted to do close quick things. It depends, if you have alot of time with your SO, I say go for it! But if he's going to be leaving soon then just focus on closer things!

In the end, it won't really matter what you do with him as long as you just genuinely have fun. It's more about just being with him then what you do with him. :]

I hope your visit with him is amazing and you enjoy whatever you do choose to do with him!

Comment

Working...
      X