Does it ever get any easier?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does it ever get any easier?

That's the question that weighs on my mind throughout this entire relationship. My boyfriend and I have been dating for about a year now. Before meeting me he had already choosing and been in a college two hours away from home and well me. So when he left for school soon after we started dating and it was really difficult. I didn't want to let him leave. We fight a lot. And I think it's because we miss each other. I don't know what to do. I've even thought about moving up there to be with him, but I've always feared doing that. I really miss him, and spending so much time together. And I really wanna get back to the old us; where we spent every single second together. Though sometimes I feel like I'm gonna break, give up. Not have the strength to hold on anymore. I love him, and want to spend the rest of my life with him but this time is so hard. So that's my main question does it ever get any easier...?

It gets harder and easier all at the same time. My SO and I see each other every 3-4 months and we have been doing that for about 2 years..end of next year is when we close the distance.

How often do you see him? I guess talking to him about a plan of when you both will close the distance will help and that will give you something to look forward to. It might make it easier as well to know that you have a date to countdown until your both CD again

Comment

I think for me it has gotten easier. For me it's always hardest just after a visit before I have adjusted to him not being around. However, for him it is the opposite and I think he finds it hardest after a long time. I think maybe the reason it is easier for me now might be because we are close to closing the distance.

Comment

I would like to say it gets easier but I don't think it does; it just becomes more worth it. The longer you have been with that person, although you can't stand to be without them, you begin to find it impossible to have that person out of your life altogether. Both of you just have to come of with plans to see each other and talk to each as much as possible. As people in LDRs we are put in harder situations than regular relationships, so we have to make sure that both you and your partner are putting forth the effort. If that person and your relationship is worth it, you'll find a way through the distance..

I hope I helped a little...Good luck...
        sigpic
        Not to get clever
        but with you I see forever
        But whatever it is,
        Here's to you,
        I Love You Kid...

Comment

Mmm, I don't think it gets easier, but then I didn't think it was hard to begin with. It does get more worth it like lonelyinlove said. And you do get used to it, you adjust. And eventually the shift after visits back to LDR becomes smoother too. There's hope.

And really, even if it doesn't get esier breaking up and losing him forever would be so much harder sooo... Sometimes you don't really have a choice but to roll with it, you know?
          Happily married to the little Canadian boy I never thought I'd meet in person

Comment

Some days is easier than others but usually it's pretty consistant on a level of "gee this is really crappy and I miss him." but life goes on and continues whether he's there with you or not so you just learn to deal with it. And thus like I said some days it's easier because you're more busy so you don't think about him constantly, while others it feels as though you've "fallen off the wagon" on knowing how to deal with missing your SO and so you get extremely lonely all over again.

Notes:
            Met: 8.17.09
            Started Dating: 8.20.09
            First Met: 10.2.10
            Closed the Distance: 8.9.14

Comment

I dont think it gets easier at all. I think distance is always hard. But at the same time i do think it can make you stronger. Because you have to fight for your relationship and work hard to maintain a LDR. So it does have its advantages, it shows each other that the other person want you and is willing to wait and work hard to be with you. But goodbyes are never easy, and being apart missing them is the worst.... I miss my SO so much...
              I love you Nathan <3
              sigpic
              5/25/09 <3

Comment

For me, I think it did get easier. When we first became long distance and even when I joined this site, I was just having a very rough time dealing with everything. I was constantly upset, constantly lamenting the distance, but I think it just got to a point for me where I realized that it was either this or break up and I just sort of accepted things were the way they were. I still miss him and I still have days where I'm sad, but it's nothing like it was. I guess it's just because I know I have to do this. There's no other option for us. If I could move up there right this minute I would, but I can't and that's all there is.

Comment

Ldr....Its just like a roller coaster every corner, every ups and down wont make it any easier!! it will get easier when you see the finish line

But this is what i like about LDR it full of surprise! like the roller coaster, when you think after the next turn it will be goes down, instead it made you upside down!

Just get a grip, scream, laugh, enjoy every ups and down of it.. because this is your choice.. you want to be with him/her i'll do the screaming and laughing (or crying) my self. I won't gave up before i see the finish line!

Comment

I wouldn't say it gets easier, but I had to decided if the relationship was worth it and learn to cope with the distance. It takes lots of communications and both partners have to be committed to the relationship. You will find ways to cope with the distance.
                    sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X