Young Long Distance Love :'(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Young Long Distance Love :'(

I know people say young love doesn't exist. But it does. My boyfriend and I are in love. He's my everything and I am his. But we are young. We don't have enough freedom to be able to see each other. We don't think we can go much longer without seeing each other. My mom knows about him. But we can't afford to go see him. And his parents can't afford it either. Is there ANYTHING we can do to ease the pain of long distance?? We Skype a lot and talk on the phone and text all the time. Is there anything else??

Acceptance. It will get you a long way. I met Obi online when I was young (17). We fell fast and hard, but life was complicated, we were young and poor and far away. But, youth is one of those conditions that cures itself with the passage of time. Accept where your relationship is right now, don't mope or feel sorry for yourself, but be thankful for what you do have and enjoy it. I know, I sound like some crazy old bat who doesn't know what the shit she's talking about but seriously, young long distance love is the bomb. Long distance boys seem to be a heck of a lot more romantic, they can't pressure you into sex, you get to know them better, the talk to you REALLY talk on a deep level. Young LDRs have a great chance of turning into old married couples if they are patient and they just keep their love fun.

Write letters! Take photos! Make a book introducing him to all your friends and family, and ask him to make one for you. Send him a shirt you wore for a day (ziplock baggie is the best way to go!) so he can enjoy your scent. Imagine together. Imagine your holidays, your kids, your date nights, your sex life. Dream! Move the skype around the house. Skype while making dinner, skype in the bath with lots of bubbles for privacy/mystery (if you're of age and stuff. Be careful people!), skype him in to watch a movie with you and your friends, skype him in and play a table-top rpg like D&D, let him be a fly on the wall listening in when your friends come over. Write "I love you in.." on your hand and take pictures of it beside location markers in your area (you know, like signs that say "welcome to Vancouver" etc). Enlist the help of his family to make surprises if you can. Think big! Just because you can't go there doesn't mean you can't have a fulfilling meaningful relationship.

Welcome to the forums
    Happily married to the little Canadian boy I never thought I'd meet in person

Comment

Thanks so much. That helped a lot

Comment

im also VERY.... VRRY young... im 14, and in a LDR../: and my bf is 16 but coming here wen hes 18!!>_< mayb... or next year... but until then im making a "love journal" D im writing notes in it, gonna make a cd of our songs to put in it, gonna put the poems i write for him in it, and im gonna do it til' he comes to visit and wen he does visit he will have somethin i made just for him) ohh& that girl had A LOT of good ideas ) hehe the love journal is just one im doing ) for noww!! hehe
        (luis&victoria<38/8/11<3)

Comment

Originally posted by Zephii View Post
          Acceptance. It will get you a long way. I met Obi online when I was young (17). We fell fast and hard, but life was complicated, we were young and poor and far away. But, youth is one of those conditions that cures itself with the passage of time. Accept where your relationship is right now, don't mope or feel sorry for yourself, but be thankful for what you do have and enjoy it. I know, I sound like some crazy old bat who doesn't know what the shit she's talking about but seriously, young long distance love is the bomb. Long distance boys seem to be a heck of a lot more romantic, they can't pressure you into sex, you get to know them better, the talk to you REALLY talk on a deep level. Young LDRs have a great chance of turning into old married couples if they are patient and they just keep their love fun.

Write letters! Take photos! Make a book introducing him to all your friends and family, and ask him to make one for you. Send him a shirt you wore for a day (ziplock baggie is the best way to go!) so he can enjoy your scent. Imagine together. Imagine your holidays, your kids, your date nights, your sex life. Dream! Move the skype around the house. Skype while making dinner, skype in the bath with lots of bubbles for privacy/mystery (if you're of age and stuff. Be careful people!), skype him in to watch a movie with you and your friends, skype him in and play a table-top rpg like D&D, let him be a fly on the wall listening in when your friends come over. Write "I love you in.." on your hand and take pictures of it beside location markers in your area (you know, like signs that say "welcome to Vancouver" etc). Enlist the help of his family to make surprises if you can. Think big! Just because you can't go there doesn't mean you can't have a fulfilling meaningful relationship.

Welcome to the forums
          ^^^ This made me teary-eyed. Well-written! I love all the ideas and I'm not even in a young LDR. Well, my SO is young - I'm not. LOL

Comment

XD idunno if anyone's noticed, but i mostly dont mention my age at all on this site because i hate the whole "you're too young to be in love" thing (though i got lucky so i dont get that from my parents ;D they met when he crashed her 16th bday and got married by the time she was 19; tell me that isnt a cheesy young love story)
            however, being in a similar situation, i can tell you i know it sucks! dont listen to anyone who says its not love, and act on it. sure you cant meet yet, but like Zephii was saying, there's a ton of things you can do to still feel like you have a meaningful relationship. hell, we've got the whole 90-something things LDR couples can do plus everything Zephii said, and a bunch more scattered throughout this site.
            some nights are hard, but you can make it. its weird to say, but ive been doing this for years now, and it feels like we're in love, just a little too far. keep your head up, and do what you can to make it easier on eachother. i'm planning to study abroad all the way in Australia to give us time to be together, and im saving up every chance i can.

there's a million things you can do but ultimately, you CAN do it if you really try

Comment

Perhaps I'm stating the obvious here, but have you looked at the list of 99 things to do on here that Michelle and Frank put together? There are lots of ideas here that my SO and I have tried out, and they're pretty good ideas. Some of them are downright silly and hilarious xD I'd definitely recommend reading through the list and see if there's anything you can do with your SO.
              One thing my SO and I do is play online games. I find it's a really good way of being able to spend time with your SO. I started a thread where you can read about that:

https://members.lovingfromadistance....ames-together-)

There's also another, web browser based game that you both could try as well, my SO and I've played it a number of times It's called Adventure Quest Worlds:

https://www.aq.com/

Comment

Awww Zephii how I love you for those ideas. They were really cute. I'm going to get my lurve a cam for his bday so we can finally talk on skype

Comment

Working...
                X