No announcement yet.

Honeymoon stage!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I get butterflies every single time I got to visit my SO or he comes to visit me. We'll be together for two years in just three months.
    "We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love " ~ Theodore Seuss Geisel.

Comment

Hmm, to me the honeymoon phase is when you are in love with that boy/girl. It's a very intense time with a lot of flirting and attraction and lust. Very exhilerating. You love everything about your SO, can't see a fault with them or at least love even their faults (you think!) and you can't get enough of them. I remember spending hours and hours on skype, talking to him and be very flirty. Everything is magic, in a sense.

Eventually that time passes by and you get a lot more comfortable with your SO. Sometimes you notice that subsiding of the more intense high-energy feelings, because your partner's faults are starting to really bother you. Or it could be because you slip into a kind of routine. Whatever way you notice it, you eventually may have to work at your relationship if you don't jump ship by then. Sounds like cleaning and maintaining the house, but it is what it is and it can be wonderful. You have deeper kind of love based on deep friendship and compatibility. It truly is commitment to each other by then.

Comment

Honeymoon stage is when everything is about each other and the relationship. Everything else pretty much takes a back seat.
        Coming down to earth happens when suddenly things start falling into perspective. Suddenly it's not Skype he runs to as soon as he comes home from work, but he watches a TV program first. It's like he's looking to gain back some "me" time and some autonomy after everything's been all about you guys. It's hard not to be the centre of his attention at all times anymore like you used to be. But him finding some space for himself doesn't have to mean it's the end of love. On the contrary, he's making you a permanent fixture in his life by finding a sustainable balance.
        Of course, if he downright neglects you, it's a different thing.

Like any great relationship, it just gets better and better as the years roll on. - Steve Jobs

Comment

I guess me and my SO haven't gotten outta the honeymoon stage. Hope we never do. <3

Comment

We are coming out of the honeymoon stage/maybe already out. We are not THAT intensely focused one each other, the conversation pace and intensity will vary with the days, and all of it is ok. Before, I especially couldn't go even one day of no contact between talking or texting him, but now I've done 3 or 4 at once because of the schedule differences and time differences. I didn't like it, but I understood that it couldn't be helped and that life had to go on. Before, if I was doing something else, no matter how fun it would be by itself, I was not happy that it was taking time away from talking to him. Now, I will go out when I can and have a very good time, but come back, turn on my computer, and have an equally good time.

Comment

Me and my BF are out of the honeymoon stage, but really that came into being mostly because we're LDR now. It did seem to speed up our honeymoon stage, because we wanted to be at a stage where we were both comfortable with the other being away...

For me the honeymoon stage is that intense feeling of magic being with someone.... for me, it was almost a shock because I couldn't stop repeating "I can't believe he picked me!" or "I'm the luckiest girl around".... it was when I realized how much we were alike and how great we were together that I realized the honeymoon stage was over.
              Not that we don't have magic.... just a different kind
              Every long lost dream led me to where you are
              Others who broke my heart, they were like northern stars
              Pointing me on my way into your loving arms
              This much I know is true...
              That God blessed the broken road that led me straight to you

|First Met: 02/28/14|Exchanged Numbers: 03/07/14|First Date: 03/14/14|First Kiss: 03/21/14 |Became a couple: 04/05/14|

Comment

Working...
              X