I don't know what to make of this.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't know what to make of this.

Hey, so I'm not with my boyfriend Glen anymore. A lot of shit has happened over the past 2 weeks. Basically, he was at a party and he made out with this other girl Sarah, and I found out and went fricken bananas because I thought I deserved a little more than just 3 days to get over. And then I was trying to talk to him to be friends. And he told me there was nothing going on between the two of them. And so, still in love with him, I got majorly jealous and added Sarah on Facebook. To which he went insane. And then, today, she was putting up heartbroken messages. We started talking and apparently he's been leading her on. They kissed twice after the party and he told her she was beautiful and he liked her. But he didn't want a relationship.

I don't know what to make of all this. I want him back, but I can't trust him and I want to be friends but I don't know if I'd be able to handle the possiblity of them being together. And I'm just. Falling to pieces. What should I do. Or say.
    Although this distance breaks my heart,
    And it's unbearable when we're apart,
    I know that it will all be fine,
    As my heart is yours,
    And yours is mine.. <3

Have you guys talked about getting back together? Because really, his actions don't seem quite like someone who's committed to the idea of being back in a relationship... with either you, or her. Did he tell you about making out with her? Or how did you find out?
    I think whether the two of you are getting back together or not, maybe going a little while without talking to each other could help you both recover a bit. You are no longer together, and unfortunately, his actions with other girls aren't exactly something you get to have a say in any longer, as much as that sucks. And talking to Sarah is only going to hurt you more. You need space from him, and if it was someone else that told you about him kissing someone else, they need to stop telling you these things!
    But I'm really sorry, I can't imagine how learning that must feel. You do deserve someone who's going to want to be with you, and not be leading you and another girl on.

Love will not betray you, dismay or enslave you, it will set you free

Met: Cork, Ireland - December 31, 2009 • Started Dating: Cork, Ireland - May 22, 2010 • Became LD: July 15, 2010 • My Move From Canada to UK: October 26, 2011
    Closed the distance June 18, 2012!

Comment

This might sound harsh and I'm sorry if it does, but I'd say you should just forget about him and date someone who deserves you better. Since you're no longer dating with him, whoever he wants to make out with is no longer your concern and I wouldn't even expect to be friends with him if I were you, based on what you've been experiencing. After breaking up, everybody needs to heal and I definitely understand how jealous you are upon seeing him making out with another girl in a short time. But yes, you need to get over that and take your time in doing so.
      Cut any kind of contact with him and delete the girl from your Facebook. Maintaining contact with them for now is not a good idea as you're feeling hurt and it can make it more difficult for you to move on. I understand you're still in love with him but for your own sake you need to leave him completely no matter how hard it is, and I'm sure you have the strength to do it. Take one step a time, surround yourself with people with positive attitude and do fun activities. In time you will heal. After that, it's your choice whether you still want to be friends with him or not. But I wouldn't if I were you.
      Keep your chin up and good luck!

Comment

Sorry to hear about your breakup. It's totally understandable how you feel. However, why would you want to go back to someone you can't trust or doesn't respect you and your relationship? Also, you have to wonder, if he's leading her on while in a relationship with you, who else is he leading on? It might be too soon to be friends but just take each day as they come and see how it goes.
        sigpic

Comment

By adding that girl on fb shows that you have no trust in him at all. You can not have a relationship without trust. I'd let him go.

Comment

I'm sorry to hear about what has happened... but I believe that Glen probably isn't cut out for a long distance relationship. You need to be able to have that trust, and he needs to be able to commit to you in order for this to work.

Comment

I'm sorry to hear about what has happened... but I believe that Glen probably isn't cut out for a long distance relationship. You need to be able to have that trust, and he needs to be able to commit to you in order for this to work.

Comment

I'm sorry about this sweetie, but from his actions it doesn't seem than Glen wants to be in a relationship with you. While it's true that guys deal with break-ups differently than we do, this doesn't seem like that. I would let go and move on with your life.
                "We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love " ~ Theodore Seuss Geisel.

Comment

Trust is one of the most important things in an LDR. I've seen it before but without trust there is no relationship and unless you can trust Glen, I don't really see how you could manage to maintain your LDR. I'm sorry about your breakup I know how hard it is...the last LDR I had was similar in situation to what your having to put up with towards the end. It may be difficult to let go of him, but believe me...it would be 10 times harder if you didn't.

Comment

I think you should make time for yourself, put space between the two of you. Do you just wanna be friends because you guys have been together for a while so you're used to him? He definitely did wrong though, and like everyone else said, if you don't trust him then there's nothing really there. It's up to you though Gluck

Comment

Working...
                    X