Negative thoughts and feelings leading to bad actions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Negative thoughts and feelings leading to bad actions

I'm not sure this is normal or not. Every couple of months or so, I go through this phase where I feel like my boyfriend doesnt give a sh*t about me. I feel like he's dating me just for the convenience and comfort factor. I feel like he's just waiting for something better to come along. And I know he can do better because I'm not his typical "type."

When I get into this phase, I start acting kinda like a b*tch. I'm rude and snap at things that normally wouldn't bother me much. That happened last night. He said something, I became irritated and said "I don't know why I put up with you." I think I made him a little sad or at least a little taken back when I said that. I feel so bad

I don't know why I get into these phases. To be honest, my boyfriend's behavior doesn't change. I really don't think he's doing something that makes me feel that way. Something just gets triggered in me. I wish this wouldn't happen because I hate the way I act.

Anyone have any advice? Is this unusual? Just to let you know, I was like this with him before I moved away so I know it's not just the distance that makes me do this.

Thanks

Originally posted by Snap View Post
    And I know he can do better because I'm not his typical "type."

Thanks
    Thats BS. If you were not his type he wouldn't be with you. No ifs ands or buts about it. If you live with that mentality you are selling yourself short and it's not fair for him to have to deal with your insecurities by treating him badly because you get in these moods.

Comment

Your boyfriend doesn't deserve your scorn. It's not his fault that you seem to be insecure in your relationship. Sweetie, NO ONE is in a LDR for convenience because LDRS are the farthest thing from convenience. They are expensive,, time-consuming and heart breaking. No one in their right mind would put themselves through that if they weren't crazy about the person they were with. It's when you love someone that you make sacrifices like that.

Also, talk to him about what's going on. Maybe he can do something to make you feel reassured and you won't get so stressed out
      "We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love " ~ Theodore Seuss Geisel.

Comment

Your boyfriend doesn't deserve your scorn. It's not his fault that you seem to be insecure in your relationship. Sweetie, NO ONE is in a LDR for convenience because LDRS are the farthest thing from convenience. They are expensive,, time-consuming and heart breaking. No one in their right mind would put themselves through that if they weren't crazy about the person they were with. It's when you love someone that you make sacrifices like that.

Also, talk to him about what's going on. Maybe he can do something to make you feel reassured and you won't get so stressed out
        "We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love " ~ Theodore Seuss Geisel.

Comment

Working...
        X